xxi

REAL LIFE

TWO WEEKS LATER

TWO WEEKS LATER

ATHENA SAT ON HER BED, typing words on her computer. sarah had forgotten that she had athena's computer. so, sarah gave it to her back. athena was finishing her story. she was almost done writing the epilogue of "summer camp".

brooke looked at the empty cabin in front of her eyes. she couldn't believe summer was ending. so far, this summer was probably the summer she ever had.

"hey brooke." she heard. she turned around and saw the beautiful brunette she had fell in love with the past few months.

"hey malia." brooke said.

"i can't believe we're all leaving." malia told her. her hands touched the wall. the wall had carvings. malia traced the carving "m.t + b.k" with a heart around it.

"i remember that." brooke told malia with tears streaming down her cheeks. malia looked at brooke, noticing her glassy eyes.

"hey, don't cry. we'll see each other soon."  malia told the girl. she cupped brooke's face and wiped brooke's tears with her thumb.

"but what if we don't?" brooke asked.

"don't say that. i know we'll see each other. we'll see each other next summer, when we all come back." malia said. she was trying to make brooke happy but she noticed a small frown on her face.

"what's wrong." malia asked.

"i'm not coming back here." brooke whispered. malia looked at her shocked and put her hands away from her face.

"what? why?" malia quickly asked.

"my dad got a new job and it resulted to me moving." brooke cried. malia felt her eyes water.

"no, this can't be true. you can't move away from arizona. you can't move away from the camp you belong. you can't move." malia sobbed. tears had started to stream down her cheeks.

"i'm sorry, malia. but i have too." brooke whimpered. malia quickly hugged her. the two were crying in each others arm.

"where are you moving?" malia whispered as she looked at the girl.

"beacon hills. it's in california."  brooke said. malia stopped crying.

"why didn't you say that? i live there, brooke." malia said, smiling. brooke stopped crying and wiped her tears away.

"don't lie to me, malia. you said you were moving." brooke explained.

"my dad said we weren't moving. he got promoted and he didn't quit his job." malia smiled. brooke smiled at the girl and kissed her. malia smiled into the kiss.