xxxviii

REAL LIFE

TODAY WAS THE DAY

TODAY WAS THE DAY. THE day athena was going to confront corey. she was nervous, of course. but with diana's support, she knew she could do this. right now, athena was in diana's car. they were in front of corey's cousin's house, who he was living with at the moment.

"i don't think i could do this." athena told diana. diana sighed and put her hands on her shoulder.

"athena, you can. why are you so scared?" diana asked.

"what if he rejects me? what if he recently found a new girl to get over me? what if he's already over me?" athena asks. diana rubs her temple.

"athena, he loves you and he still does. i know corey. he is hoplessly in love with you. he's so whipped about you. athena, tell him before it's too late because if it's too late, you going to feel guilty that you never told him. you're just going to see him happy with another girl and you want him to be happy with you but it's too late. do it before it's too late or you'll regret it." diana said. athena looks at her and nods her head.

"you're a great motivational speaker. i love you, di." athena said as she fixed her jacket. diana smiles at her.

"i love you too, ath. now go!" diana squeals. athena gets out of the car and begins to walk towards corey's place. she knocks on the wooden door and a beautiful redhead lady opens the door.

"hello, how may i help you?" the girl asked in a thick irish accent. athena suddenly forgot to speak. thoughts began to go into her head.

"what if this is corey's new girl?" athena thought. her face turns slightly red.

"um, is c-corey here?" she asks. the girl nods her head.

"corey, there's a girl here to see you." the lady yelled. athena heard a few footsteps and there stood corey at the door. he smiled at athena, once she saw him.

"hey athena. i wasn't expecting you to be here." he told her. athena lightly smiles as she saw his red cheeks.

"can we talk?" she asked.

"we're already talking, ath," corey joked. "come in."

he ushers her into the house. when corey wasn't looking, athena glances behind her and see that diana was giving her a thumbs up. she tucks a piece of her blond hair behind her ear.

"what'd you want to talk about?" corey asked as the two walked into the living room.

"who's the chick?" she whispered. she didn't want the girl to hear her.

"oh, she's my cousin's fiancé." he answered. athena nodded her head and blushed.

"she's goregous," athena complimented "but that's not what I'm here for."

athena continues to talk as corey gives her a confused look.

"diana and i made up. she told me that she was pregnant. recently, she lost the baby." athena told him as she felt tears streaming down her face. even though she recently found out about diana being pregnant, she thought the baby didn't deserve this. she was only a fetus.

corey sat there, silent. he didn't know what to react. sad? mad? he felt tears blurring his vision. he couldn't believe this.

"she did?" he whispered. athena slowly nodded her head. she wiped the tears streaming down her face.

"yeah. she told me why you two broke up." athena said. corey glances at her. he knew that she knew. he didn't utter a word.

"is it true? you...l-love me?" athena asked. corey's cheeks begin to turn pink. he slowly nodded.

"yeah, i've loved you since day one. wait, let me
rephrase that. i am in love with you since we first met. when you walked into set with sabrina, it was like the sun came out. you were the light that brightened my day. later on, you became the sun, brightening my days every single day. so, yes. i am in love with you, athena grace carpenter and i hope you love me too." corey told her.

athena felt her cheeks turn red. she looks up at him and stare into his deep blue orbs. she glanced between his rosy pink lips and eyes. she slowly leaned in and kisses him. the kiss was simple but sweet. corey kissed back, putting his hands on her face. the two break the kiss. athena looks at him and smiles brightly.

"i love you too, corey shain fogelmanis."