xv

REAL LIFE

ATHENA SAT ON HER BED, awake

ATHENA SAT ON HER BED, awake. it was 5 in the morning and she did not sleep at all. she just stared at the darkness around her. there were dried tear streaks down her cheek. she couldn't cry. even if she tried. she had already waste her tears.

she couldn't believe this happened. losing two of the people that meant the most to her. she lost diana to saray and she lost corey to diana.

athena grabbed her phone and went through her pictures. her pictures were memories. she remembered how corey and her were close until this summer. as she scrolled through her gallery, she had found a picture that had made her and corey closer. their eyes. she remembered taking this picture, as if it was yesterday.

"athena, why are you crying?" corey asked as he walked into her room. athena was sitting on her bed. it was a horrible day at school. saray had bullied her again.

"i'm only known because i'm sabrina's sister. i'm just sabrina's sister, not the artist or the bookworm. all i am is sabrina's sister." she said.

"who told you that?" corey asked.

"sandra." athena lied. she didn't want to use saray's name. she had a reason why, though. saray was alexander's step sister. alexander was her boyfriend during that time. everyone knew that they were dating. athena didn't want corey to tell alexander to tell saray to stop. she also didn't want to make the bullying worse.

"well, she's lying." corey explaines. athena rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"everyone knows me as sabrina's twin or the sister. nothing else." athena explained.

"I know you as the blue-eyes beauty. not just sabrina's sister." corey said as he took her hands. she looked at him.

"really?" she asked. he nodded her head.

"thank you, you've made me feel so much better. it's just that i feel that she' s shadowing me. being the perfect child." athena told him.

"but athena, you are so much more. remember?" he asked.

"yeah i remember. maybe remember will be our always." she said with a cheeky smile.

"remember?"

"remember."

after that, corey had taken a picture of their eyes. the picture was a remembrance that she was more than just sabrina's twin or sabrina's sister. she was also the blue-eyed beauty.

athena sadly smiled. corey made her feel loved. she missed him dearly. she couldn't believe she lost him. she lost a friend, she lost a crush, she lost a love, and she felt completely emotionless.