xiv

REAL LIFE + IMESSAGE

"KNOCK KNOCK." DUSTIN SAID AS  he opened athena's room. the sight of a red and puffy-eyed athena caught his attention. he was holding a teddy bear and ben and jerry's mint-flavored ice cream.

"what are you doing here?" she asked while wiping her tears away.

"i know you and diana just broke your relationship, i just wanted to make you feel better." he said, giving her the teddy bear and ice cream.

"you're so sweet. thanks." athena said as her voice cracked.

"do you want to watch something to forget about her?" dustin asked. athena quickly shook her head.

"if i watch anything, it's going to make me think of her." she answered.

"well, what do you want to do?" he asked.

"just come here and hug me. i think i need to waste my tears again." she answered as tears welled up on her eyes. dustin came near her and hugged her. the girl began to sob.

~~~

IMESSAGES BETWEEN DIANA AND COREY

DIANA
hey babe

COREY:
hey, you doing anything today?

DIANA:
nothin much. i just finished hanging out with saray.

COREY:
saray?

COREY:
isn't she the girl who like hates athena?

DIANA
saray's my best friend

COREY:
i thought athena was your best friend

DIANA
well, not anymore.

COREY:
how come? do you want to talk about it?

DIANA
nah, i just need to get away from her a bit. she's been annoying me for a bit, ya know?

COREY:
sure

DIANA
anyway, you want to come over?

COREY:
nah, i promised peyton that i would hang out with him today. sorry love.

DIANA:
oh its ok. im tired anyway. have fun, love you x.

COREY:
love you too.

~~~

corey knocked onto the wooden door. he wanted to ask athena why her and diana weren't friends anymore.

athena opened the door and saw that corey had knocked on her door.

"hey." she said.

"hey, can we talk?" he asked. she nodded her head ans went out of her room. she closed the door.

"what do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"you and diana." he answered. athena's face turned into a small frown. she felt tears in her eyes again. she wiped her eyes.

"i know," he said. "i know you two aren't friends anymore. i just wanted to ask why."

"she's been acting rude and she did something that would affect me a lot." athena calmly explained.

"what'd she do?" he asked.

"corey, that's none of your business. this is just between her and i." athena explained.

"but ath, i just want to know." he said. athena didn't want to admit it, but she had died when he called her ath. it was a long time since he called her that.

"then why don't you ask her yourself since she's your goddamn girlfriend! corey, just please." athena yelled. corey looked at her.

"okay, i'll leave but i think you are the one that ruined your guy's friendship with your attitude." corey said with a stern voice. he left athena, frozen and shocked. she heard the door slam shut.

athena sat down and leaned her back on the wall beside her door. she had began sobbing. not only did she lose her best friend to her bully, but she thought she had lost one of closest friends. diana was slowly affecting corey.

dustin opened her door and had seen athena on the floor. he had kneeled down her level and started to hug her.

"athena, what's wrong?" he asked. she didn't answer and just continued to sob. he began to comfort her her.

"it's going to be okay, it's going to be okay."