Chapter 13

"Hello everybody. I'm Dr. Spalding. What happened here?" the doctor asked chuckling at our terrified faces. Who can blame us though? If you saw your parents giving the death stare, how would you feel. Beyond scared straight.

I faced Ethan and gulped. Which one of us would speak up since we both are injured and in need of help.

Ethan took the lead and looked Dr. Spalding in the eyes.

"Well Sky," he gestured to me, "and I got into a bit of an argument. I--my temper got the best of me and I shoved her. She hit her head on the corner of the desk in my room. She got upset and ran out."

"When she got to the front door, Grayson and Lauren over here were coming back from their date. Sky rushed out. I had to explain what happened to them. Grayson lost his temper too and started beating me up. I don't blame him. I'd do the same thing if he hurt Sky" I blushed at Ethan's statement, "Lauren snapped us out of it, we found Sky unconscious, and here we are."

Dr. Spalding was listening intently, leaning on the edge of the bed Ethan and I were sitting on.

"Well I'd like to run a few tests on both of you. There is a high chance that Skylar has a concussion. There is also a chance that Ethan may have one too, depending on how hard Grayson hit you," he said.

He ran a few tests on. He used his pen light and asked us to follow it and a whole bunch of other tests. He concluded that we both had concussions but mine was a lot more severe than Ethan's.

"Thank you doc. If you don't mind, we'd like to talk to our children. Ryan, go wait in the lobby. Lisa, Sean would you mind if I," my dad said gesturing to Ethan.

They gave him a nod of approval and a frown of disapproval towards their sons.

Rain drop, top drop, our lives are about to fucking stop.

"What the hell were you thinking Ethan?! You landed my daughter in the hospital! I get it that sometimes we lose our temper, but for you to shove my daughter, that is unacceptable. It is also a bad trait. I am so disappointed in you." he shook his head.

"I know sir and I am so sorry. I made a huge mistake hurting your daughter. I promise it won't happen again and if I ever start to lose my temper again, I'll just walk away from the situation," Ethan said sincerely.

"I appreciate that Ethan."

"The doctor said he'd like the two of them so stay overnight for observation," Mr. Dolan said speaking up, "Nurses will be bringing them to a different room.  We're supposed to leave but Dr. Spalding said we can bring them some overnight clothes."

The parents obliged with the doctor's orders. They said goodbye to the us, my dad still slightly glaring at Ethan.

"Lauren and I will come back in a bit with clothes for you guys. See ya later E," Grayson said. They did their guy handshake.

"I'll see ya in a bit beautiful. Don't do anything scandalous in that room," Laur said wiggling her finger at me.

I chuckled, "Same here gorgeous. Don't stall any time in that car with your loverboy. I know you want kids, but not this early please."

Ethan and I were left alone with the nurses who escorted us to the resident wing of the hospital. 

There were two hospital beds and a curtain to separate them. We thanked the nurses and they left us. 

I claimed the bed closest to the window and sat down on it. Ethan was about to sit on his own bed when he stopped. He came over and sat on the edge of mine.

"I really am sorry Sky."

"Yeah I know. Forgiven but not forgotten right?" I said giving a reassuring smile.

"Still not forgotten. It's a memory of me that I don't want you to have in your mind. I only want to be seen in your light."

You always are.

"Ethan, everybody has bad moments. I like seeing that you're not as perfect as I thought you were. It shows me I'm not the only emotional wreck in this world," I laugh, "Now come closer."

He shifts next to me on the bed.  He laid down on his side and patted the bed next to him. 

My body fit into his and he wrapped his arms around me like before. His face nuzzled into my neck again. His breath brushed my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"I don't like it when we fight. Let's just stay like this so nothing can change between us. Ethan and Skylar. Skylar and Ethan," he said into my neck.

"Okay. I'll stay here as long as you'll lay with me."

"I won't ever let go."

Until you get swept away by the waves. Julie always sweeps you away. But the ocean always leads us back to each other. Maybe one day we can stay like this forever. Just Ethan and Skylar.

Just the two of us against the world.

----

Chapter goal:
12 reads 4 votes and 2 comments