Chapter 16

Once we finished breakfast, Ethan and I headed out to start our day. We decided that today would be a skate date so we went home and picked op our decks.

I followed Ethan to an old skate park that no one really went to other than him and Grayson.

When we arrived, I saw dilapidated ramps and rails covered in graffiti. The concrete had cracks that were messily filled with more concrete. It's a ghost park.

I looked over at Ethan who was staring at me with clear excitement on his face. We had the whole park to ourselves.

We threw our boards on the ground and started cruising, getting a feel of the ground. 

Suddenly, Ethan picked up speed and went into railslide on the metal railing. He executed the trick and landed on the other side. 

I followed after him, doing a few moves myself. I did a few ollies and kickflips. 

After a while, we decided to race each other mongo style. We went to the side of the park where we had about 40 feet to skate.

"Okay rules are simple. Stay in your stance but you can only push with your front foot. You have to keep your back foot where it is," Ethan said.

"And if you fall or start riding normally you have to go two board lengths back. First one to the end of the landing and back wins and loser has to..." 

I try to think of a punishment.

"Loser has to dress up in a sexy Halloween costume and put on a show for the winner and friends," Ethan proclaimed.

"Alright deal."

"Ready," Ethan got into position.

"Set," I say.

"GO!"

And we're off. I focus on maintaining balance and speed. Ethan on the other hand is focused on speed. He falls off his deck. 

I push my self faster towards the end of the landing. When I approach it I begin to carve along the pavement, turning around.

Next thing I know Ethan is starting to carve as well. I will myself to go faster again. I'm barely ahead of him now. 

By now we're both neck and neck. Its back and forth. Ethan is in front of me. I'm in front of Ethan.

It came down to the final push. We both reach the crack at the same time, signaling the finish line. 

Ethan and I are both out of breath.

"Who won?"

"I don't know," he says, "it was pretty close."

"Tie?"

After a moment of hesitation he says, "Sure."

"I guess we gotta go to Party City."

Ethan runs his free hand through his sweaty hair. 

"Oh fuck me."

Gladly.

-----

sorry short chapter

Chapter goal
12 reads 4 votes 2 comments