4; the one where she has a dream

"This is it," Lydia said, stopping. Faelyn took a step forward. She looked down at the small hole in the ground.

"I came from there?" She asked, and Lydia nodded, as Derek appeared behind her, looking around.

"I don't see what's so special about this area of the forest," Derek observed.

"Faelyn was buried here. That's something," Lydia said, as they both watched Faelyn kneel down to the hole. She traced her hand around it, and her finger got caught in something. She lifted it, and it was a small root.

She lifted it, and kept pulling it when it slowly got bigger. She let it drop, and stood up, extending her hand towards the ground. Slowly, as she shut her eyes, her hand started to glow a pale yellow, as Derek and Lydia watched from aside.

A rumble was felt through the ground, and everyone felt it. Suddenly, the rumbling stopped, as did the glowing in Faelyn's hand.

"Nematon," she muttered, and Derek heard her.

"What did you say?" He asked sternly.

"There's a Nematon," she said, "isn't there?" Confused, Derek and Lydia nodded. A root shot out of no where and wrapped around Faelyn's hand, gently tugging her. She followed, and Derek and Lydia snapped into action.

"Faelyn!" Lydia yelled, and she stopped walking. Lydia pulled her back as Derek yanked the root away. The root withered away, and Faelyn jumped to grab it, but Lydia stopped her.

"Wait!" Faelyn said, "it can help me." She grabbed the root, and it became a vibrant green again. It slowly lead her through the trees, and Derek and Lydia followed from behind. Eventually, they ended up at the Nematon. Faelyn fell to her knees, and reached out to touch it.

"My mother told me of Nematons. They link us together. They're very powerful," Faelyn said, looking to Lydia. She helped Faelyn stand.

"Lets go back now. I'm scared a tree is going to come to life or something now," Lydia joked, turning to walk to the car.

"Lydia," Faelyn called, and Lydia and Derek turned to see her with teary eyes.

"Do you think my parents are still alive?" She asked, and Lydia sighed, and went to hug Faelyn.

"I hope so sweetheart. And if they are, we'll find them, I promise," Lydia said after she had pulled away from the hug. Faelyn nodded, and let Lydia lead her to the car, and back to the loft.

---

"Derek?" Faelyn's voice sounded through the loft. He looked up from the book he was reading, and raised his eyebrows.

"How do you work the machine?" Faelyn asked, and Derek looked confused.

"The hot one," she said, pointing sheepishly at the kitchen, fiddling with the bottom of her pale blue nightdress. He sighed and nodded.

"You hungry?" Derek said, turning on the oven, and she mumbled something. He turned to her, eyebrows raised in question.

"A little," she said quietly, and he nodded, opening a cupboard.

"What are you doing?" She asked.