3; the one where they search for answers

Faelyn walked around the loft, going to make herself a sandwich. Those were one of the easier things to make, since Faelyn had already nearly burned down the loft. And then swore never to touch the stove ever again.

She made her salad sandwich, and walked along to the window she had made her little seating area in. Her legs were showing in the new white dress Lydia had gotten her, which, ironically, suited her white hair, that Lydia was still struggling to believe was real.

Faelyn sat happily at the window, watching the world go by. Lydia was adamant that Faelyn entertained herself while everyone was away, but Faelyn gently insisted that she was fine.

As she sat and finished her sandwich, the door of the loft started to slid open, making Faelyn turn her head around, thinking it was Lydia's daily check in. But instead she was met with a man with black hair walking into the loft with a duffle bag.

He didn't notice her at first, and walked over to a table, facing away from her, but once she stood, his head snapped up, and his ears perked. He turned to her, his eyes glaring.

"Who are you? What are you doing in here?" He asked as he walked towards Faelyn, and she backed up, her eyes tearing in fear, her hands extended to prevent any harm.

At that moment, Lydia opened the door and gasped when she saw the scene in front of her; Derek fuming, Faelyn petrified.

"Derek, don't!" Lydia said, rushing towards Faelyn, and Derek took a step back, but stayed furious.

"Who is she?" He demanded, and Faelyn whimpered, and Lydia reached out to hug her.

"This is Faelyn, and I said she could stay here," Lydia stated stubbornly.

"Who?" Derek asked keeping an angry expression on his face. Lydia released Faelyn out of the hug, but kept her close.

"Faelyn," she said, but when Derek stayed glaring at her, Lydia sighed, "remember the girl who was buried in the woods who has literally no recollection of the last 91 years?" Derek's face dropped in realisation.

"She's still here?" He asked, and Lydia scoffed a laugh.

"She has no where else to go!" Lydia said, "she needs to stay here."

"What? Why?" Derek asked.

"Because she- Faelyn?" Lydia said, her eyes set on something else.

"Yes?" The small voice of Faelyn came from behind her.

"Wasn't that plant dead?" Lydia nodded her head at the purple flower, making Derek turn to look at it.

"It was," Faelyn murmured, making Lydia and Derek look to her.

"You brought it back to life?" Lydia exclaimed.

"How?" Derek asked.

"I told Melissa," Faelyn said, confused.

"Told Melissa what, Fae?" Lydia prompted.

"I know I'm not human," she said, making Lydia and Derek look to one another.