9.

Niall’s P.O.V

The rest of the week we were home went by in a blur. It seemed as if the days passed like seconds and Alli and I spent most of our time either at a small café we both enjoyed or rummaging through boxes in her old house so she could take a few things home with her like picture frames and some other little things. It was pretty quiet except for a few fan run ins and few crazy paps.

“Niall who’s the girl”

“Niall over here”

“New girlfriend Niall?” 

“What about the boys? How do they feel about your new play toy?”

My grip tightened around Alli’s waist as we left the grocery center. Mum had sent us out to pick up a few things for supper. It would be my last home cooked meal for a while and of course I wanted spaghetti. Alli and I leave Mullingar at half 3 in the morning tomorrow and I wanted to spend my last night here with my mum, Greg and Theo. 

 The Flashes were blinding and I knew when I felt Alli’s arm lift to shield her eyes that it was too much for her. I handed her my Ray bans and she smiled up at me as she gladly took them. We finally reached the car and hopped in before the paparazzi could attack again. 

“Whoa” she said “You think I would be a bit more use to this by now…”

“I’m still not overly use to it all honestly” I said truthfully because honestly I wasn’t. I still could not believe the amount of people who were interested in my life. 

“Yeah…” she trailed off as she turned her head to look out the window as we started to drive back to mum’s house. I knew there was something that she wasn’t telling me and I wanted her to know that I was there for her no matter what it was. 

“Alli?”

 “Yeah?”

 “What’s bothering you? You have barely spoken a word since you checked your phone earlier.” I knew she wouldn’t give me the truth but it was worth a shot.

 “Oh, it’s nothing.” She mumbled, “It’s just Jake hasn’t answered any of my texts or my calls for the past few days.” She sounded so sad and wounded that it broke my heart.

 “It’s not nothing, Alli he is your boyfriend and he is supposed to be there when you need him most.” I said sternly. I knew she didn’t want to hear it but it was true.

 “I don’t know, I think I just miss him.” I nodded and she just turned to look out the window again.

 “I would treat you better than that asshole…” I muttered under my breath.

 “What?” Alli questioned.

 “Nothing…” I said keeping my eyes glued to the road.

 “Okay?” she answered with attitude.

 “What was that for?” I snapped.

 “What was what for?”

 “The attitude Alli, Jesus. Every time I bring up Jacob you avoid it and give me that lovely attitude of yours.”

 “Well if it’s so lovely then why don’t you just argue a bit more, you’d see it more then” she replied in a snide tone. I rolled my eyes and didn’t bother to fight back.

 “Did you ever think that you just don’t deserve to know? Why would I tell you about him? Not like you are around enough to care. You would probably leave and I would be alone again.”