12.

Alli’s P.O.V

“Harry don’t go in… leave her alone, she’s sleeping.”

 “No Niall… stop it, Liam told me what happened… I’m going in. I don’t care if she’s awake.”

I heard voices arguing in the hallway as I started to come around. I cringed at the thought of last night. I was still so worn out and my jaw ached so much. My head was pounding and I knew that I would have a migraine for most of today. When I opened my eyes I saw a very concerned looking Harry perched on the end of Niall’s bed.

 I tried to sit up but I just didn’t have the energy and I was way too sore. Harry noticed and pulled himself closer so he could help me. A look of pain washed over his usually cheery features as he took in my appearance.

 “Jesus Alli” he said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand lightly tracing the bruise that I knew was now prominent on my face.

 “Oww” I breathed and flinched away at the sudden contact. My voice was scratchy and I knew that was from the pressure Jake had applied. No doubt there were bruises there too.

 “I’m sorry Alli” he said suppressing tears. He pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tightly. “How could someone do this? I hope he looks worse than Niall when Niall finished with him last night.”

 “What?”  I said abruptly. My eyes shot wide open and I was now wide awake. The pounding in my head only got worse as my anger increased.

  Before Harry could answer, I was off his lap and flying down the hall in search of Niall. What if he was hurt too? What if Jacob had hurt him badly? When I reached the lounge, I saw Niall lid down on the couch staring up at the ceiling. I knew he wasn’t paying attention because when I flung myself on him he jumped a little. He laughed when he realized what I was doing.

“Niall oh my god, are you okay? Harry scared me…” I drifted off as collapsed on him.

 “Trust me I’m fine” he chuckled as I hugged him tighter than I ever had.

 “Thank you so much” I whispered

 “Alli, don’t worry, he looks much worse” he laughed but I could tell he was uncomfortable. I leaned back to get a better look at him. He had a cut on his lip and it was swollen a bit along with his jaw. Why do I have to cause so many problems...

 “Niall you didn’t need to do this” I said now feeling guilty for this mess. His smile faded and turned into a more serious expression. He brushed a piece of hair, which had fallen into my eyes, so he could get a better look at my face and neck.

 “I did though. Alli look at yourself… you are bruised for Christ sake. I should have known when I saw the bruises on your arms” he said concern and guilt flooding his voice and features. “How is your head?”

I cringed as I turned around to show him the now dried up cut.

“It’s better but my head is pounding and I don’t know how to make it stop.” I whined and Niall lent in to kiss the top of my head before pulling me into a massive hug. But this was a more protective hug than anything. He should not have had to witness what had happened last night.

“Alli, this could have been so much more serious, I should have just stayed…” he drifted off as Harry came back into the room.

 “You need to tell us the truth Alli and the whole truth too,” Harry said seriously.