Filler

Okay so this is a very bad chapter I'm well aware please bear with me on this one I'm almost done with chapter 3 which will be much better then this one, enjoy xx
-
On the nights when Chris couldn't handle his parents and their insistent fights over who should have the house, or the car or the kids (they have been trying to settle the divorce nicely without involving their children, but that didn't work in the slightest), he would go over to William. William was the one he could always talk to about these things.
Yet after his encounter with Eva- the name rolling off his tongue in a lovely manner- and after William had started to spend more and more time with Noora, he felt that these late night excursions simply weren't cutting it.
On one of these trips, as William was smiling down at his phone, no doubt due to Noora, and completely ignoring whatever Chris was trying to tell him about his family, he had had enough.
'Will,' Chris said a little louder then he normally would, 'what's Eva's address?'
As soon as he uttered those four words he realized he was in for torment. William raised his eyebrows skyward, forgetting suddenly all about his phone.
'Really? How interesting.'
'Don't give me that shit, it's not like that.'
'It better as shit not be, she's my cousin. Her uncle would kill me if he found out one of my best friends was fooling around with her.'
'I don't want to.'
A suppressed laugh erupted.
'I'm serious. I don't. I just want to talk to her.'
A series of more suppressed laughs came out.
William stopped when he noticed that Chris wasn't laughing. He's right; he had been prioritizing Noora over Chris, so Eva seemed like a good enough alternative: right?
William jumped on his bed next to Chris and said out loud, 'Babe,' he elongated the word out as he texted, 'what's Eva's-' he rolled on his right as Chris was just about to punch him- 'address?'
'You're the worst subtle person I've ever seen in my life.'
'How else do you want to find it out?'
'You seriously don't know your own cousins address?'
tsk tsk tsk, went the brunette best friend.
'It's not like we're super close or something; we all meet up once or twice a year at my grandfathers cabin up in the mountains, nothing more.'
William's phone beeped.
He typed back a reply. Beep. Reply. Beep. Reply. Beep. Reply. Beep. Reply.
'She will tell me only if you promise not to sleep with her.'
'She. Did. Not.'
'Oh yes she did. She cares for her friends.'
'I know everyone considers me a player but come on. These opinions are downright rude.
'Just promise.'
'I do I do.'
Ten minutes later Eva tore her gaze away from her computer as she saw Chris leaning by the window, tapping it repeatedly. She smiled shyly (as she usually did whenever he gave her attention, probably seeing as she wasn't used to it; the attention was always on Ingrid whenever they were best friends, and had now shifted to Noora at times when the two were out) at him as she opened the window.
He had spent the night there, Chris talking about everything, Eva listening because, in the end, this is what friends do, don't they? Listen to your troubles and worries.
The next morning, after staying up all night watching the season finale of Eva's favorite show, Reign, Noora and William, curious to see the state of their two best friends, were both surprised and happy to see Chris snuggles against Eva, his head tucked in the crevice between her stomach and chest, arms around her waist. Her hands were jumbled up together in Chris' hair, legs tangled up.
Noora took snaps of the two from the window and sent it to them both, not wanting to wake them. The too went off to have breakfasts.
Later on, when Chris got the snap, he screenshotted and saved it to him, putting it as Eva's picture at her contact info.
William teased him about it, asking it what he would say if someone inquired about the photo. Chris looked directly at him and said to him 'Already thought of that. I asked Eva if I could tell whoever was curious that she was my girl.'
'And?'
'She said 'only if that's the truth.''
'Get to the poinnttttt.' William whined, wanting to know what Chris was building up suspension for. William wanted very much for Eva and Chris to become an item, actually. He had changed his mind. They suited each other. Eva gave Chris this sort of confidence that he lacked before. Yes, he could throw hands with just about anyone and make any girl fall head over heels, but this confidence was different. That inner confidence, the one you have about yourself as a person that changes the way you walk and talk and dress and act. That confidence. Eva had given him that, and Chris vice versa.
'I asked her to be my girlfriend.'
William spilt his soda on the sofa. Eva apparently gave Chris the idea of being more direct.
'She said yes.'