Desperate

Chris, with all these bad trains of thoughts going through his head, had had the luck (note the sarcasm) of setting a day in which the Penetrator guys would meet Noora and Eva, officially, as William and Chris' girlfriends.

Chris was dreading it.

They had decided to all meet up at a relatively nearby coffee shop around the afternoon.

Chris decided to take a nap to try and get his mind off some things.

He was awoken by Eva using her spare key to get into his flat and was calling his name.

'Were you sleeping?' Eva sat down next to him.

'Yeah,' he replied groggily.

'How many minutes do I have to get ready for that meetup thing downtown?'

'I'm happy to report that you're five hours late for that. It's six PM.'
Chris got up like a bolt of lightning had hit him and he looked at his alarm clock.

The numbers 18:00 looked boldly back at him.

He groaned.

'I'm so sorry I overslept; did everything go ok?'

'I really don't get what you were worried about.'

He sat up on his bed and listened.

'They thought my name was Evelina.'

He bit down a smile.

'Proceeded to ask me if we had been intimate at any point in our relationship thus far.'

Chris let out a laugh.

'And wanted to know how I'd met you; they didn't know I was in Nissan.'

'Babe-'

'I honestly don't care about any of that Chris; the thing is, it would have been way more comfortable if you had been there. Noora bailed.'

'She did?'

'Yes, but right now it's not about her. It's about you not seeming to care if your friends know shit about me.' Or us, Chris could practically hear her say.

'I don't consider them actual friends, Eva. They're more like people who I have learned to get along with over the years. If you look at any Penetrator, you'll find that they were missing something as a child; a parent figure, compassion, discipline, whatever. Each had a part of them empty when we first joined. Now, we've all filled that void amongst each of us for these past couple of years. It's a given, however, that once we graduate, the majority of us can't be around anymore. So, for senior year, almost all the guys have found a hobby or a person or a passion that makes them feel whole again.' Eva replied, lying flat on his back on the bed.

'Let's get some food.'

Eva rang up a pizza service nearby as they lounged about the kitchen, waiting for the delivery man.

'Chris?'

'Hm?'

'What were you missing? I know William, but you never mentioned feeling as though you were missing a piece of yourself.'

Chris stood against the fridge for a while, looking at Eva but not quite. He had apparently spaced off, in contemplation.

The doorbell rang, signaling pizza.

Eva went to go pay before returning to her place on top of the island counter, food in her mouth and hot chocolate nearby.

'Eva, do you know why I was this so-called fuckboy in Nissan?'

Furrowing her eyebrows, she shook her head.

'I had a family that were extremely busy; crazy busy, like your Mom. Around the clock working. Never home.

That didn't bother me because I had William and a group so to speak that I considered a second family.

When I was in middle school, I was incessantly picked on; not for my looks, but for my bad personality. Even after that, I was unfazed. Through my entire school life, I've felt somewhat bored. Not academically, but rather human-wise.'

Eva tilted her head, making Chris rephrase.

'I knew everything there was to possibly know about William and Julian and other people that I considered closer then blood. We were thick as thieves back then, and in some regards I believe we still are. The fact of the matter was, we knew all there was to know if one another, and didn't let other people in. And so, besides them, I didn't socialize with people, unless it meant either fighting or flirting with them. '

He looked up at me.

'Eva, since I have become somewhat a part of your group, I've never had conversations that have given me any interest. Sana and Vilde's talks, as well as our own, are genuinely making me challenge everything I was raised to believe. You and Noora are the first people to not treat me with tough love, but rather honest-to-God kindness. Eskild and Chris (B) are the fucking best comedian duo I've ever laid eyes upon, save that one time you tried stand-up comedy.'

Eva raised a slice of pizza up in protest.

'Don't mock beginners, as I get better with jokes so will my roasting of you.'

Chris smiled.

'I was missing friends, Eva. Friends who didn't have ulterior motives, friends who weren't looking for more then what I was offering.

Above all, I needed you Eva. As cheesy as that may sound, I'm not joking. I needed someone to calm me down and rile me up and completely make my feelings do a 180. I needed you-', he paused, before continuing,'-Evelina.'

Eva scowled joking before laughing and  smiling at Chris, shyly still because she would probably never get used to his compliments.

'What about you?'

'What about me?'

'Little old Evelina is trying to tell me she didn't confess she felt desperate and so forth before she met me?'

'If you call me Evelina one more time you'll be the one feeling desperate in no time flat.'

Eva said, pointing her third slice of pizza threateningly in him general direction.

She dropped the pizza and looked off into the distance.

'Yeah, I was pretty fucking desperate before I met you.'

-
I'm legit so happy for having over 3K views, y'all are amazing xx
Votes and comments are always appreciated xx