2p Russia Catch Up

~___- How You Meet -___~

Spending an entire year in Russia with you family was such an awesome idea in your mind for your graduation present. Your aunt and uncle were wonderful people and your cousins were the same way, warm and welcoming. What no one accounted for was the emerging Apocalypse. Your family slowly perished before your eyes, which was quite scarring for you. You felt like you were so alone after you last living relative in Russia died, who happened to be your eleven year old cousin. There was one thing keeping hope surging through your being: the neighbor boy.

You had never met him before, only seen him here and there in the streets or when he'd be outside tending to his garden during the warmer months. He was a rather tall fellow, over six feet at least. His hair was a medium brown color, and his eyes were a deep crimson. He dressed simply most of the time you saw him. He had an infatuation with scarves and military trench coats from what you could tell though. He was always seen in at least a black t-shirt and pants, the bottoms of which were tucked into knee high, brown boots that folded over with a lighter brown at the top. In addition to that he'd always wear a scarf. The color varied from day to day. Sometimes it was red, other days it was gray, but it was always one of those two colors. The coat he wore on colder days though was always the same though. It was black with red trimming, pretty simple in all honesty.

He was stone faced when ever you saw him, showing no emotion besides annoyance, especially when his sisters, who had survived so far, came over to visit him. You knew he was secretly a softie though. He gardened as often as he could, and on occasion would leave firewood on your doorstep when he thought or saw that you were running low on wood. Today you decided that you wanted to meet him and thank him for looking out for you, even if it was in small ways. You pulled on a light coat since it was cold out still but not cold enough to have to wear a heavy winter coat. There was a bit of snow on the ground when you walked out of your house, but it wasn't anything you couldn't handle in only sneakers.

You walked over to his house next door and gently knocked on the door. Hopefully he was home. A few moments later the door opened to reveal him. He was in black and gray plaid pajama pants with no shirt. You were a terribly shy individual, so your cheeks tinted a deep crimson. He leaned on the doorway with his arms crossed and looked down at you.

"Da?" he asked.

You looked down to avoid his gaze and twiddled your thumbs. "Uh, h-hello. I-I just wanted t-to say thank you for the firewood y-you leave me sometimes... I really a-appreciate it..."

He nodded in acknowledgment. "Your name is (y/n), da?"

"Oh! You kn-know my name?"

He nodded again. "You've been my neighbor for over a year. It's not hard to learn your name when your cousins shouted it every five minutes to get your attention."

"Oh... I f-feel bad because I don't know your name..."

"Viktor. Now you know it."

"Viktor... That's a nice name."

He shrugged. "Is that all you came here for?"

"Y-yeah... Sorry to bother you..."

He rolled his eyes and went to close the door. He had better things he needed to do. You let him and turned around to walk the short distance back home. Okay, so he was a little rude and to the point. He wasn't bad other than that. He could have at least put a shirt on before he answered the door though... Oh well. You hoped that maybe you'd work up the courage to go talk to him again sometime soon. Maybe you wouldn't get so flustered next time?