The Festival

(y/n) ran into her house.

"Mom! I got my first Pokemon!" (y/n) shouted happily.

"Welcome back, (y/n)," (y/n)'s mom smiled. "So, what kind of Pokemon get you get?"

"I got a Rowlet!" (y/n) cheered. Her Rowlet happily cooed while sitting on (y/n)'s shoulder.

"Oh! I think I'm falling in love! So why did you choose this little sweetheart?" her mom asked.

"I chose him because he's very cute," (y/n) responded.

"You picked right because I think he's both cute and very cool," (y/n)'s mom smiled. Meowth jumped towards (y/n), and landed in her arms. Meowth happily greeted Rowlet and Rowlet replied, smiling. (y/n) set down Meowth and yawned.

"I'm going to go sleep now," (y/n) said, walking into her room.

"Okay. Sweet dreams, sweetie!" her mom replied. (y/n) pulled out Rowlet's Pokeball and looked at her new Pokemon.

"Alright Rowlet, return!" (y/n) called out. Rowlet stood still on her shoulder. "Rowlet, you're suppose to jump down and let me return you!"

Rowlet yawned, then hopped onto (y/n)'s bed. (y/n) smiled.

"Good! Though now that I think about it, you don't have to go into your Pokeball now," (y/n) said as she took off her hat and set down her bag. She changed into her pajamas and picked up her Rowlet, then she got under her covers and placed her Pokemon down on the bed. Rowlet cooed happily and went next to (y/n), nuzzling her. (y/n) smiled and cuddled her new companion. She closed her eyes and went to sleep. Her new partner going to sleep shortly after.

The next day

(y/n) went onto her porch and found her mom outside stretching.

"All right! Today's the day I'm finally unpack-" (y/n)'s mom was cut off by the doorbell ringing. "Was that the doorbell? Go and check it out, (y/n)!"

(y/n) nodded and went inside, the person who rang the doorbell already walked in. It was professor Kukui.

"Hey there, (y/n)! It's about time we set out for the festival,yeah!" Kukui greeted.

"Okay!" (y/n) smiled for a minute, then her smile dropped. "Wait where's Sun?"

"He's already at Iki Town. He and Hau are waiting, but first....Now that you're a real Pokemon Trainer with your own Pokemon and all, I've gotta show you something. Come with me!" Kukui said. (y/n) nodded. Her mom and Meowth walked into the room.

"Have fun at the festival, sweetie! I'm sure you'll have a good time with your new Pokemon pal!" she exclaimed.

"Thanks mom!" (y/n) smiled. Her Rowlet jumped onto her shoulder. 

"Meowth and I will unpack every last box here, you'll see!" her mom said. Meowth tilting its head in confusion.

"Sure you will," (y/n) giggled. She followed Kukui to a patch of grass.

"So you know that wild Pokemon will sometimes jump out at you in the tall grass, yeah? Now that you've got Rowlet there, you can not only fight wild Pokemon, yeah...You can also try to catch 'em. Woo!" Kukui said. "I'm going to show you how to catch wild Pokemon, all right? Keep your eyes on the prize!" Kukui showed (y/n) how to catch Pokemon and the turned towards (y/n)

"Oh yeah! Wild Pokemon do sometimes attack people if they get close, but catch 'em and they'll join your team and be a great help to you, yeah! But if your Pokemon get all tuckered out by fighting for you, just head home for a bit. If you ask your mom, I'm sure she'll let you and your team rest up at home." Kukui explained.