Calming Voices and Chucks

Tattoos On The Gold Coast

Chapter 10

Calming Voices and Chucks

****

"Jori!" Cody called. He couldn't see her in the night, and was getting pretty scared. He went to call her phone, when he remembered he has yet to get her number.

"Jori! Call back if you hear me!" He yelled. "Please." He whispered.

He decided to call Jake.

"Hello? Cody! Did you find her?!" He asked frantically.

"No not yet. Call her for me? And tell her to call me okay?"

"Yeah sure." And then the phone clicked.

Cody looked around frantically, he was nearing the beach now. He started to walk towards it when he saw Jori's chucks. He ran towards the sand. He could just barely make out the figure that was sitting near the water. It was a pretty windy night, and sitting by the water wouldn't be too smart.

Cody slowly approached, and sighed of relief when he saw it was Jori.

"Jori? It's Cody."

"Go away!"

"No can do babe."

"Go the fuck away!" She screamed, as a few tears fell out of her eyes. He just shook his head, opening his arms and moving closer.

"It's okay Jori. No ones mad at you."

"But they are! I punched him Cody! Why would I do that!?" She said flailing her arms around, as if the was about to hit herself.

Cody caught them mid air, pulling them down so they were in a relaxed position.

Cody has never seen Jori in this type of way. And he didn't know she could go like this.

He was right. Inside every bad girl, there was a good girl.

"Jori. Look at me." She didn't. "Jor, babe just look at me for one second okay?" She looked up at him. "Listen to me okay? No ones mad at you. It was a mistake and nobody's gonna hold it against you. We have to move away from here okay? A wave is coming, and it looks pretty big. C'mon." He said slowly guiding her away from the water.

Once they were far enough, Cody engulfed her in a hug.

"Don't you ever do that again Jori! You don't know how worried I was about you!" Cody said hugging her tight. Her shaking body began to even out while she was in Cody's arms.

She pulled away, sitting on the ground. Cody joined her, pulling her close to him, so she sat on his lap.

"Were you really worried about me?"

"Of course!"

"But you haven't even known me for 2 months! There's no way you care that much for me." She said trying to push herself away from him.

She felt disgusted with herself.

Cody just pulled her closer, resting his head on her shoulder.

"But I do. More then you know. Can I sing you a song? It may relax you even." Jori just nodded.

"He dropped the bait

Into the ocean of the summer love

And now he waits

For the moment I've been dreaming of

A clean slate

On the heart of which he desecrates