Tom's New Friend, And A Barbeque

Tattoos On The Gold Coast

Chapter 2

Tom's New Friend And A Barbeque

***

Cody walked into the beach home his family is staying. He walked in to come face to face with his mom. She had her arms crossed, a disappointed look on her face.

"Hi mom." He said smiling sheepishly. His smile soon disappeared. "Mom I-"

"I don't want to hear any excuses. I don't mind if you get your ear pierced. But it would of been better if you would of asked me. I would of let you Cody." His mother sighed.

"I wasn't planning on getting it, but my friend convinced me. Sorry I didn't ask first." He apologized.

'What friend?" She asked curiously. Yes, some of Cody's friends have there ears pierced, but none of them have convinced him before.

"Her name is Jori. You'll meet her today at the barbecue!" He exclaimed. She looked at him smiling.

"And what's this girl Jori like?"

"Mom!" Cody warned, knowing his mom was going to ask about her a lot!

"Okay okay! I can't wait to meet her! I hope she's a nice girl." His mom replied. Cody just nodded his head. He wasn't totally lying. She was nice, kind of. Well maybe when she wanted to be. "What are you waiting for? Go get ready!" His mom shooed him up the stairs.

Cody walked up to his room, grabbing his towel before walking into his bathroom, and hopping in the shower.

***
Jori pulled up to her house. Parking her Harley, and walking into her home.

"I'm home!" She yelled. No answer. She closed the door looking around. No one was home. She walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of orange pop. She opened it up, bringing it to her mouth and taking a refreshing sip. She closed back the fridge and noticed a note. She pulled in off, reading it aloud,

"I got called into work. There's some left overs in the fridge. If your going out please text me -Mom."

Jori pulled out her phone sending a quick text saying she was going to a barbecue with Tonya and Jess to her mom.

Sure, she's a drug doing, class skipping bad girl. But when it comes to her mom, she seems like a different person. Ever since Jori's brother died, she gets worried often, so that's why she asks Jori to at least text her a few times a day, for some updates.

Jori doesn't mind. Her mom can piss her off sometimes, but she knows it's just because she cares.

Jori grabbed her pop, walking into her room. She lived in a small three bedroom house. Only two floors. It was only Jori, her mom, and her brother living there, so they didn't need a big house. The house seems bigger now that her brother Is gone.

She walked into her room, the first thing she sees in her wall of pictures. Family, friends, bands and a few actors here and there. Her favourite picture though was one of her and her big brother.

She was 12 and he was 15. He had just started smoking. Jori didn't like this at first, and didn't understand why he did it. Nevertheless she still loved to talk and hang with him. You could also consider him a 'bad boy' and maybe that's where Jori was influenced.

In the picture he was having a smoke, when Jori jumped on his back, when there mother took the shot. They were both laughing and smiling. It seemed like Jori was the only one who could make him smile like that, no matter what people tried to do. She was the only one who could make him smile like that.