Apologies and Confessions

Tattoos On The Gold Coast

Chapter 11

Apologies and Confessions

*****

Jori sat in her kitchen, scrolling through twitter. Yes, she did have a twitter.

"So, are you gonna tell me your twitter name so I can follow you?" Cody asked.

"Nope."

"Why not?!"

"Because I don't want all your fans being annoying and shit in my mentions. I already have all Jessica's fans doing that."

"They're not annoying! C'mon please?! You'll gain more followers!" Cody stated trying to persuae her.

"Fine." She gave in and followed Cody, and he followed her right back.

He quickly tweeted something mentioning Jori, making her mentions go off like crazy.

"See?! Their being annoying and replying and tweeting me!" She groaned closing the app and throwing her phone down on the table.

"I'm sorry babe. It will calm down. I promise." He said kissing her cheek, hugging her from behind. Something he did often. She smiled small. The effect he has on her.

She doesn't like it. But at the same time, she does.

"Hello love birds! I have arrived!" Jake announced walking into the kitchen.

"We can see that." Jori replied rudely, but sarcastically.

"Did you enjoy you're 17th birthday Jor?" Jake asked taking a seat on one of the stools.

"Yeah. Except for the part before I left the club. But let's not talk about that right now okay?"

"Sure. You know you're gonna have to face him sooner or later."

"Yeah, I choose later." Jake just gave her this look. Cody didn't understand it, but Jori did.

"So, are you guys officially together now?" Jake asked.

"Yup!" Cody said popping the 'p'. "I asked her last night." Cody said proudly.

"I can't believe you proved me wrong Codes." Jake admitted.

"I told you I would."

"AND I can't believe he actually won you over J. Now that shocked me."

"Neither can I." She agreed.

"Jake, to tell you the truth, that warning you gave me, made me want to prove you wrong even more." Cody confessed.

"What warning?" Jori asked confused, looking at Jake expectingly.

"Well, I kind of told Cody that you're not easy to win over."

"He's wasn't lying." Cody added. Jori just chuckled walking out of Cody's grasp and outside to have a smoke.

"Still can't believe you did it." Jake told Cody.

"Neither can I to tell you the truth."

"But listen to me, just because you guys are dating now. She could break it up anytime she wants. All I'm saying is be careful. Don't go falling in love with her." Jake warned joining Jori outside.

But his warning was too late, Cody had already fallen, and he didn't even know it yet.

****

Few Nights Later