Monsters

The peach colored carpet rubbed against their delicate little feet as they stared at the blank white walls. It's past midnight, and Tina's bright pink lamp bowed down, your majesty. She leaped to her bed and hid under her bed-sheet when she noticed the figures on her wall moving closer and closer towards her.

"Sheesh, what are you afraid of?" Jodie asks her.

"Stop doing that!" Tina quivers as she lifts her little fingers from the edges of her quilt. She peeks out again and goes back inside.

"Oh my gosh. It's..It's the boogieman!" Jodie giggles. 

"You know what, I'm coming out to prove you I am not afraid of this boogieman!"

"Okay, ahem. Practice what you preach," Jodie haughtily responds and brings her head higher. A senior crown sits on top, red and black spray painted with the words S-E-N-I-O-R. (wow, how clear, how clear it is) 

Wow, look at her with my crown, she looks so dandy, Tina thinks to herself. 

"Ugh, so are you coming or what?"

"I'm gonna let you do monster figures jodie, while I do butterflies, hm," with a mischievous snicker, Tina stands on her bed, and hovers a fluttery wing past these monsters.

"Wait a second. Hey, stand still will ya?" Jodie quietly whispers and climbs on the bed to stand beside her. She swifts her hands left to right, moves her head up and down, and keeps her posture straight and tall.

"Do you see what I see? Wow, we dream more than we sleep. We are mightier at night, this is who we are. Mary Shelley was right. We are little girls with big dreams, scarier than monsters. Why are you so afraid? Look, at this moment, we don't have to worry how small we seem to the world. We are this. We are here to make a positive impact in this world!"

"Wow, you're right. Yeah, I guess so Jodie," Tina beams with pride and wraps her arms around herself. 

"Whateva, look forward because apparently, we are bigger than our problems. Let's embrace this moment. GRRRRR!" she yells boldly.

"Sh, quiet Jodie. Everyone is asleep," she hushes and cups her hands over Tina's mouth.

"Whaatuuuvvv Steep taakeeee ufffff errr handdd." 

We both grab a pencil and let it eventually expand to a sword. Our swords clash until morning, suddenly, creating the spark of truth. The shadow are no longer two decent human beings fighting this time.

 "Ah waves of tides. Waves of tides. Go, search for the ship. Hurry, hurry up. For you cannot love an anchor, you must move forward and let it go. For I may not love all I see across this sea. Across this sea."

"I told you to stay quiet."

"WHATEVAAA!"