La la land.

"I messed up, don't even know how to approach him now. It's not working how I thought it would, you know. I feel like I got him mad so I might as well just leave," she says. 

"I'm sorry Claire, love is not supposed to be easy and perfect. Who said it would be? No one can love you how you exactly want them to. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you should give up yet! He's not going to grab a ladder, head inside your exceptional brain, and reach your favorite shining stars from the sky, and whisper, 'herro you go.' Hey, he may be a brainy person even, but he's not gonna say, 'knock knock' to to peek inside your brain, unless he's a mind-reader. He's not going to come with a pretty pony on your door with a hand-full of flowers, and say, 'I found your shoe.' Get it? That's why you have to love yourself enough like a whole cake yo. Anyone else that joins in are just an extra candle." 

"What if he's a keeper?" Claire asks. 

"You're the keeper of your own heart. You're the one with your soul, brain, and heart. You may have moments like these, because life is so full of dreams, which is alright, since it keeps us going, but yes you do have to love yourself first. The La La Land in your head, is possibly in his head too, and that's all that matters. " she responds.