Chapter 4

Viktor huffed plastering a smile on his face. This woman was as annoying as her voice sounded. And she smelled heavily of perfume. Viktor saw the camera man count down. 3...2...1... live.

"Tonight, we have a very special guest the ice prince of the musical industry - Viktor Nikiforov!" The presenter prattled off on introducing him and giving a run up on his achievements from this year. He wondered what his Porosenok and little Kitti were up to. Hoping that they were watching him right now but also wishing he could be with them.

"So, we have a few questions we'd like to ask you" Viktor tilted his head and smirked making the woman blush her cheeks lightening up. She coughed into her fist and continued as she pulled out a question card.
"Okay first question: What is do you do to pass the time?" Viktor pondered this and smiled an award-winning smile at the camera before answering.

"Hmm, well It really depends, when I still lived in Russia I would Ice skate, but it's quite warm where I live so I sometimes take my son swimming." He rested this elbow on the red chair and placed his chin in his open palm, a softer smile on his face as he recalled those times. The lady laughed, the sound already getting on Viktor's nerves.

"You must have such fun being able to relax at the end of the day, you mentioned your son which leads us onto our next question, what is your son like?" Viktor blinked thinking back to Yurio and the babysitters causing him to laugh quite loudly - much to Phichit amusement - Viktor gathered himself together and wiped an imaginary tear from his eye.
"A little energichnyy, but aren't all children? Yurio is amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better son." The woman, not a Russian speaker merely laughed and moved on.

Viktor listened to the next few questions, finding some to be a little ridiculous and all of them more than a bit tedious. They always asked the same questions, although they were yet to ask about his love life but he knew it was coming. Just thinking about Yuuri even if they weren't together yet made him smile.
"Now for the final question of the night..." The woman trailed off a smile as she left the audience with baited breath. Viktor knew what was coming, of course they would try and catch him off guard but he was smarter than a lot of people thought.

"Do you have a lover or are you interested in anyone?" Viktor blinked a few times acting surprised as if they caught him unaware then smiled into his hand.

He could have some fun with this.

"Well, I have no lover but I am interested in someone." Viktor glanced at the camera from the corner of his eyes his mouth half hidden by the palm of his hand. The woman sat at the edge of her seat leaning closer to Viktor.
"Oh, do tell us more!" She said looking through her thick lashes at Viktor. Viktor took his hand away from his mouth and just smiled, eyes crinkling.

"Now that's for only me to know!" Viktor exclaimed, trying to suppress his laughter but failing.

Yuuri sat watching Viktor, loving the way he talked with ease to the camera and managed to not get annoyed at the stupid questions. Yuuri knew if the situation were reversed he would have no clue what to say. Yurio beside him laughed and smiled at the TV staring intently at his father not noticing that Yuuri was starring as well, He couldn't help it. Viktor always drew his eyes no matter where he stood in a room or how many people were in it. It was late when the interview was ending and the last question threw him. Viktor was interested in someone. Yuuri felt jealous not quite understanding why he felt the green-eyed monster flaring up, it confused him to say the east, first the unexplained feelings that left him giddy and wanting Viktor. Now he was getting jealous - well at least he can identify that emotion.

Yurio beside him was snuggled on his lap and looked as if he was about to fall asleep so Yuuri picked him up gently, humming a lullaby while walking to the child's room. Once Yuuri had tucked him in and made sure Yurio was fast asleep he went to the kitchen to make sure everything was tidy. The open floor plan of the room allowing his eyes to be drawn in by the piano once more. Once he was finished Yuuri walked back to the piano dusting the top and opening it so he could tune the strings correctly. Afterwards he sat down and started to play.