Two: Her Departure

"The man who you were engaged to marry has called off the wedding that would form our alliance; and all because of your whore mother." Her father's voice bellowed. After being let out of the scroll room, Tsumi had been summoned to greet her father. He was angry. His orange eyes were alight with fury and rage as he shouted at her, looking down on her from his seat on the throne.
"You will be sent as an item of negotiation to the country of fire. Your life is in the hands of the Daimyo of the fire country now, this will seal our alliance with the country of fire. Pack your things. A carriage will be prepared for you near the northern gate." Her father demanded. Without a word, she turned and walked out, not bothering to bow. This man was not her father any longer, he was simply the emperor. He was the man who ruled the Country of Shadows. He was the man that raped her mother. He was the man that was selling her away as an item of negotiation. But in no way, was he her father except that she had come to be, due to his seed.
~
Her sperm donor stood in waiting for her at a carriage. He stood tall and strong and stared straight ahead. His sharp jawline and high cheek bones were defined further when he clenched his jaw at the sight of her. Firey orange eyes glared straight ahead, not sparring her a second glance. Ash grey hair fell elegantly down his back, tied in a high ponytail. The silver and black crown of the shadow country glinted in what little sunlight filtered through the canopy of trees. In his outstretched hand was a neatly tied parchment paper, yellowed with age.
"This was the only thing, aside from a miserable life, your mother ever left for you. Do what you will with it." His tone was harsh, and far colder than usual. Tsumi stared after him as he turned his back and walked away for the last time. Her eyes hardened when she realized he wouldn't turn back. He would never look back, because once he walks away from something, it no longer exists to him. She no longer had a place in this country, in this palace, or even in her father's mind. She knew that eventually this country would forget about her, and all that would be left would be her twelve brothers and the throne to a dark country that always snuffed out the light. With clear determination, she turned her back, and stepped into the carriage.