Chapter 33- All At Once

Y o u

I wake up to the headache and soreness of my body. My body felt hot and I couldn't feel anything below my waist. My breathing was increasing and I could feel something covering my stomach. It felt cool but not enough to keep me comfortable.

I bolt straight up panting from fear. I was desperate to know where I was. I look at my surroundings to find myself in a bed room. I was covered in white sheets and some rag on my stomach.

I was burning up and I couldn't stay still. I touch my forehead but to only be struck with pain and I hiss in agony. Not only that but I was also covered in sweat, now noticing that the rags were soaked in my sweat.

I look to my right to find another bunch of rags, also covered in sweat and blood...

"Blood?!"

I rip the covers off me to make sure that I wasn't the one bleeding. After searching myself, I sigh in relief to know that the rag stained with blood wasn't my blood. But, I was more concerned about myself burning up and about how I couldn't feel anything below my waist.

I started to freak out but I try everything in my power to stay composed. I take a couple deep breaths and sigh heavily. Slowly, I remove the sheets away from myself and scan my legs first.

They looked fine...

Nothing was odd about them. They were still colored, meaning they were the same skin color tone as I am. They weren't swollen, they weren't broken, they weren't even damaged, at all. But, I can't move them though. I try wiggling my toe but it wouldn't respond.

Flashback

Suddenly, Asriel embraces me in his arms and my eyes widen with surprise. I froze and see the hearts around us speeding faster. He hugs me harder and I can feel my heart racing...

"A-A-Asriel what's wrong?"

"Just hang tight alright it'll be over soon"

"What will?"

Then, pain struck me all over and I begin screaming. I didn't know what was going on and the pain only got worse. What was Asriel doing to me? What did he mean when he meant sorry, is he going to do something bad?

"Let me go!!"

"I'm sorry Y/n but this is part of the process"

I continue screaming and I feel the hot tears streaming down my face. It felt like fire was burning my body. It felt like I was being crushed. My heart was burning and everything inside me was hurting...

"Let her go!!!"

--------------------------------

I began assuming the worse. Will I be able to walk again? Can I be healed? Am I paralyzed?! Of course the person I am, I wanted to see for myself. I gather the courage to swing my legs over the bed. I take a deep breath and push myself onto standing them.

I keep my balance and take one step forward...

I stay standing and I take another step forward...

I wasn't falling so I look up to see the door in front of me. There was a large drawer next to it so if I needed balance I could lean on that. Slowly, I make my way over and successfully reach the door. 

I lean on the drawer to take a breather and quickly resume towards the door. But before I could, It swung open...

"No don't go in, she might still be asl-"