Chapter 13

PAIGE'S POV

 It was finally Winter Break and we had three weeks to do whatever we want. Tyler and I planned to do all of these marathons or do something athletic. I always groan when Tyler and I leave for a new place and tend to move there. Not this year, I like it here and it's pretty quiet so our father can't get a trail on us. Tyler was still going to Canada without me so I'm here with Harry, Chad, and my new friend Caroline. I need new friends. I laugh at myself when Rose passes by. Her and her husband, Charles, are going to Paris. The city of love, yeah right. Over the week triplets were put here so I had to move upstairs. I like it better up there, the view of a green field, trees, everything beautiful about nature.

 The first night of my break I was all alone, just on my laptop. Normal teen things, then I heard tapping, repeating over and over. I look out the window, it was-

"Cody, what are you doing?" I chuckle. It was freezing outside, I was in loose shorts, a over-sized t-shirt, fuzzy socks, and my hair in a messy bun. I looked like a mess.

"I was wondering if you want to go to a party with me?" He smiles.

"Right now? I look like a mess." I say, he chuckles.

"You look beautiful every single day Paige, I mean it." He blushes. Cody is a gentleman, and I love that about him. "Is that a yes?" He sweetly grins. I nod, went downstairs, and pulled him in so he is in the living room.

I leave home alone and changed in my room. I was in high-waisted pants, and old t-shirt, boots, an my hair still in a messy bun. I walk out to see a smile on his face, giving me his, what it looks like, a triple x hoodie, so we were able to squeeze each other in so we're shoulder to shoulder. While we walked the closer we get there the music was getting louder and louder. I know this is a bad idea, but a new way to make friends I guess. Once we went through the door everyone instantly planted their eyes on us. I walk in the kitchen and some how Cody sneaks away from me. I see all around me is alcohol pouring into cups and down people's throats. I grab a new cup and poured water from the faucet, I took sip from sip. I look across the room and a half empty bottle on a table and a empty one on the floor. I walk around to find Cody, but instead I find Niall stumbling on top of me.

"Paige? Whad ya doin' here?" He slurs.

"Just came here with Cody." I struggle to hold him up, instead of using all of my energy on Niall I let him drop to the floor. I chuckle and patted his shoulder and left to find where to back door was. Eventually I found it and saw a high ledge an decide to just sit there till Cody finds me. I get on top and saw the little view of the random person's backyard. I sat on the ledge about ten minutes when large hand grab my ankles. It was Harry.

"Hanging around, love?" He smiles while adjusting himself right next to me. "Who dragged you here?" He turns to me with a brow raised.

"Um, this random guy." I avoid the real answer afraid to start something. He didn't fall for that clearly.

"Who?" He grins.

"You really want to know?" He nods and I hear a loud Cody stumble under us. I gesture my head to lead Harry's eyes on Cody. His eyes turning into a deep mossy color.

"And that's his hoodie?" He questions pinching his fingers with the draw strings. I nod and look down to my hands. Reminds me of a little deja vu, so I'm afraid to speak. "Don't worry, I won't yell." He raises my chin to force me to look at him. 

"I think I should go." I break the silence. He stops me by his hand on top of my thigh.

"If you go, I'll go." He smiles. "Since your ride is drunk and can barely walk." He tries to chuckle but fails horribly. I nod and he headed out of there. I was too zoned out to realized it was basically pouring rain outside. I was sad that I gave Cody his hoodie back, I needed it for the rain, it was nearly pitch black outside and the only light we had was our phones' flashlight. We walked together silently, he intertwined his long fingers into my tiny hands and held them with our walk.

"I have a question Harry." I break silence between the pitter patter from the mini puddles around us.

"Yes?" He stops in his tracks. I really want to know, I know he said he didn't mean it but I didn't believe that. My stubbornness is going to show now.

"Did you really mean that, that one day?" My voice cracks inbetween the words, afraid the say the wrong thing. He looks down and grabs my other hand into his. 

"I honestly did not mean that. Ever since we first talked I knew you were different from every other girl in this dump of a town. I honestly love you and you changed me so much ever since, and I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I was afraid to show a side of me that I'm trying to get rid of." He whispers placing his forehead on top of mine. He sighs and continues, still in the middle of the street, in the rain. "I really can't tell you why yet, but I'm just afraid that you will runaway and I won't be able to say goodbye. I just want to see you everyday, and I want to see your smile every single day. I always wonder if I can runaway with you, and I will go mad if I can't see you." He stops and ifts my head with his fingers again.

"I-I-I-" I can't find any words.

"I'm sorry to throw that in you fac-" I cut him off by kissing the lips that just expresed his feelings, saying he wants to runaway with me, were teenagers though. The night was cold, but this kiss made it feel like it was 100 degress outside. Our kiss breaks and we look at each other, not finding any words in the air. Instead I lock my fingers in his and snug my head in his arm. This is the Harry he wants to hid, but why?

A.N.

 I loved writing this chapter, and It was raining outside when I wrote this hehe. Well I'm going to keep this note short, but please comment below some great stories, I would love to read what you guys read. Kisses!!! xx