13

After Kaytoo and Cassian talked, silence fell over us again but Jyn was the first one to break it.

    While Cassian was putting away his weapon and taking off his jacket, Jyn spoke up about Cassian's mission.

    "You lied to us," she spat.

    "You're in shock," Cassian responded, shrugging her off. I grabbed his arm and stopped him from going to the ladder and avoiding this conversation. I never liked when he went off on separate orders, all because of Draven but I usually let it go. This time was different, this time he went too far.

    "You went up there to kill our father," I whispered but it still sounded like a shout on the silent ship.

    "You don't know anything."

    "Deny it," Jyn challenged. My legs were weak, probably because of everything that just happened so I leaned back on the ladder that led to the upper level and cockpit.

    "You're in shock and looking for someplace to put it," Cassian said, looking at her and pulling his arm out of my grip. "I've seen it before."

    "I bet you have," Jyn said, looking at me over Cassian's shoulder. My gaze locked with hers and she saw that she was right. I couldn't cover the hurt that Cassian caused throughout each mission because of Draven's orders.

    "They know. You lied about why we came here and you lied about why you went up alone," Jyn said.

    "It's like every other time, Cassian, but this time you and Draven went too far," I said from behind him, causing him to spin around and look at me.

    "It's not like every other time, though. I had every chance to pull that trigger but did I? Did I?" Cassian said, getting really close to me. I stared up, completely done and broken, and into his eyes. He gaze softened for a second before Jyn spoke up and he looked at her.

    "You might as well have. My father was living proof and you put him at risk. Those were Alliance bombs that killed him," Jyn stated the facts. I let her take over with Cassian since I suddenly felt weak again.

    "I had orders, orders I disobeyed!" Cassian argued. I rolled my eyes, knowing he would think of that. "But you wouldn't understand that, neither of you would."

    "Orders? When you know they're wrong?" Jyn exclaimed. She was beyond furious but her next words were cool and harsh. "Might as well be a stormtrooper."

    "What do you know? We don't all have the luxury of deciding when and where we want to care about something. Suddenly the Rebellion is real for you? Some of us live it," he spat. "I've been in this fight since I was six years old. You're not the only one who lost everything, some of us just decided to do something about it. At least you have some of your family left."

    I looked over at Cassian and then back at Jyn, both of them staring at me. "I'm going to go help Kaytoo."

    I scrambled up the ladder and leaned against the wall when I got up. I squeezed my eyes shut and grasped my stomach, suddenly feeling a wave of pain course through my body. A second later, someone was coming up so I opened my eyes and dropping my hand, making it look like I was trying to be casual. Cassian popped through the hole a second later and when he saw me, he rolled his eyes and groaned.

    "Going to yell at me some more?" He asked, standing up and looking down at me.

    "I should have known Draven was ordering you to kill my father before he left, I'm so stupid," I said. Shaking my head and wrapping my arms around my own body, I looked down.