Four

[CHAPTER FOUR]

; MAK MOON

Suji strolled around the lively town. The lights filled the dark streets as people walked all over the place, chatting happily.

She stopped shortly when she saw her best friend's father from afar. She quickly walked towards him.

"Uncle?" The man quickly turned around, jumping at the sudden voice but calmed down as he saw his best friend's daughter.

"Suji, how are you?" Master Ahn Ji quietly greeted calmly but his tone spoke with eagerness.

"I'm fine. What's the matter?" She asked him as he looked around.

"I may have a chance to find my son, Sun Woo." Suji's eyes widen a bit. They were finally going to reunite.

"Really? I shall help you find him then."

The man thanked the girl and they both began to walk around, working together to find the boy. After the little fight at Okta, the friends had went their separate ways. Suji went to go visit them at their little hideout but they weren't there so she was planning to wait to randomly see them on the streets.

"Have you seen a man with a sedge hat?" Ji-Gong asked frantically as the random old man nodded, pointing to where he last saw the described man.

The two were in the forest, both walking quickly until a man dressed in a dark attire rode ahead of them with his horse. He was heading towards their way which made Suji become alert. She observed the passing man, taking in his appearance as the mysterious man ran past her.

Suji noticed that his expression wasn't pleasant, as if he just committed a sin. He had a sword on the side of his waist, a few blood drops dripping from it. Time seemed to slow down as Suji observed the man in that split second while he scurried off.

She stood there, processing how the man looked inside of her mind. She felt suspicion about the man. He gave her bad vibes, making her feel that something was off.

When she turned around, Master Ahn Ji wasn't there. She sighed and quickly walked to find him again. She stopped shortly and her blood ran cold. She saw a huge patch of blood soaking the ground. She also noticed that the trail of blood was coming from the direction that the man with the horse came from.

She quickly followed where Master Ahn Ji had gone to but stopped shortly as she heard loud sobbing and the name of her best friend being shouted repeatedly.

She soon saw Moo Myung leaning against a tree, Mak Moon in his arms as Master Ahn Ji kneeled in front of them. Her two friends were both covered in blood and Mak Moon wasn't moving at all. She exhaled deeply and looked away. She slowly began to walk away, not wanting to be there.

"Why did this all happen?"

She clenched her fist as she stood alone in the forest. She stared at the dark sky, blinking rapidly when she felt her eyes begin to water.

"I'll find you soon." And with that, she was determined to pay back for Mak Moon's death. To find that man that ran away with a sword.

***

Moo Myung kneeled in front of the pile of stones. He softly put his hand on it and stared at it with sadness. The guilt was practically eating him alive.

"It's good to see that you are well," The female voice spoke behind him and he turned around. There stood Suji with her mask, leaning against the tree as she stared at the pile of stones with a distant look. The stones that covered the buried body of her best friend, Sun Woo.

"I-I'm sorry.." Moo Myung choked out when Suji took a seat beside him. She glanced at him with slight confusion.

"Why are you sorry? His death was not your fault."

"I broke our promise.."

"I need to make a promise with you." Suji trailed off as her and Moo Myung sat beside each other on the grassy field. Mak Moon was currently sleeping. Suji visited the two early in the morning and Moo Myung was the only one awake.

"What promise?"

"Since I'm not always here, I need you to promise me that you'll take care and watch over Moon for me at all times."

Moo Myung snorted with laughter. "What are you? His mother?"

"I'm serious. Moon is so clumsy that he could get himself killed easily. I know for a fact that his family wants to meet him someday but he needs to be alive to do so."

Moo Myung sighed and looked over and saw how the girl was actually concerned for Mak Moon. Mak Moon and Suji were very close, like siblings.

"I promise you." Moo Myung responded and the two locked pinkies.

Suji sighed and fully looked over at the sad boy.

"Promises are meant to be broken. Don't you know that already?"

Moo Myung looked up at her and his lip began to tremble. Suji sighed and wrapped her arms around him, him instantly responding as he hugged her back. His sobs were muffled due to his head that was buried in her shoulder.

"I don't want you in danger. I promise that I won't lose you too." Suji whispered as she held Moo Myung's head, stroking it as she stared at the pile of stones.

"Live. Make him proud by living for him and taking care of his family." Suji mumbled as she blinked away her watery eyes. Moo Myung simply cried harder.

i know that i'm skipping scenes but i write the scenes that suji would be in since she's the main character of my story so i suggest that you watch the series of episodes of hwarang in order to understand what's going on.

sun woo's death was so emotional, sigh.

—fathercoups