24

A few days have passed and the Hwarang men all trained hard for the festival. It's already been more than a month since Inseong has left the capital and has been almost a week since Jun appeared.

Suji took a small break and wandered around the streets. She wasn't watching where she was walking and bumped into someone.

"Finding you was easier than expected." A voice chuckled. The female looked up and her eyes widen. The male grinned down at her.

"You're back." Suji breathed out.

-

The two sat face to face in a private room of a random tea shop.

"It's been a while." The male started as Suji nodded,

"Why are you back so suddenly?" Suji asked, pouring tea for the both of them.

"Did you not miss me?" The male questioned, quite cockily but Suji was serious.

"Jun."

"Okay, okay." The male threw his hands up in surrender as he turned serious as well,

"He's back." Suji's eyes widen,

"I thought.."

Jun sighed, "I know, we were supposed to leave Silla and never return but apparently he's been plotting a plan so secretly that even we didn't know about until recently.."

Suji exhaled, panicked with the given news.

"Do you know what the plan is?"

"All I know is that he wants to get revenge and take all of you out.."

"When?"

"I don't know.. He said that it'll take a while until he can do it but..

"What am I going to do? Can't he just get over it? It's been over 10 years!—" Jun suddenly grabbed Suji's hands, gripping them tightly, staring at her with worried eyes. She stopped talking and looked back,

"Calm down Ji. You're shaking.. The reason why I'm here is to help and stop him. I'm not letting you get hurt." The male reassured as Suji nodded slowly.

"Do not tell him I told you this. He has something against me and if he finds out you know.. Bad things will happen.."

Suji nodded. That was the end of their conversation.

The two stood up and left the shop. Jun stopped the girl as she was about to turn around and leave,

"Let me walk you back to the Hwarang House."

"How did you—"

Jun laughed, "Not to sound like a stalker or anything but I had to find out things about you in order to protect you."

"Why are you helping me though? Why didn't you just run away and live safely?"

"We made a promise with them. I made a promise with them. Even if we did run, my family doesn't want to leave you behind. We haven't forgotten about you Ji," The female let out a small smile,