Eight

[CHAPTER EIGHT]

; THE FIRST AND LAST

A loud gasp was heard making Moo Myung and Ah Ro snap their head to the direction of the sudden sound. It was Ah Ro's best friend, Soo Yeon, holding a rice cake as she stared at the two in shock.

"Can you not run away with the rice cake?" A voice called in annoyance and Moo Myung's ears perked up. Suji.

The female came running over but stopped in shock when she realized that Moo Myung was staring right at her with wide eyes and a dropped jaw.

"Goddamnit." Suji cursed as she realized that she wasn't wearing her mask at the moment.

The two stood up and walked over to the two females.

"This is my brother, Sun Woo." Ah Ro announced to her two best friends.

"Didn't know you'd be here." Suji spoke, looking up at the speechless male.

"You two know each other?" Ah Ro asked, exchanging glances between the two. That's right, Ah Ro was too young to remember that Suji and her brother were best friends before Sun Woo got kicked out of the Capital.

"I always met him outside of the Capital, we're close friends.. Didn't know that he's your brother, what a coincidence." Suji lied as Moo Myung continued to stare at Suji in shock. Suji mentally rolled her eyes at him.

"Why do you seem so surprised?" Ah Ro questioned making Moo Myung look over at his 'sister'.

"Whenever we saw each other, she always wore her mask. This is a first for me seeing her face."

Suji chuckled at that as Soo Yeon suddenly grabbed Ah Ro by the arm and dragged her away, leaving the two friends alone.

"Why do you seem so shocked? Close your mouth, will ya?" Suji snickered as the two stood side by side, watching Soo Yeon continue to drag Ah Ro somewhere.

"Didn't think you'd be that good looking." Moo Myung mumbled making Suji pat his back with a playful and cocky grin.

"I know, I'm great." Moo Myung simply scoffed.

"So, what's new? I saw what happened at the parade, how's Master Ahn Ji?" Suji asked as the two began to stroll around the streets. They noticed that the two females wouldn't be back anytime soon so Moo Myung asked Suji to go on a walk.

"He's fine. I was ordered by the Queen to become a Hwarang."

Suji slowed down her steps at the familiar title. Her mind flashed back to the time when she saw the sign in public, the one from the Queen. "A Hwarang.. One of the Queen's dogs? Did you accept?"