39

Suji exhaled deeply, closing her eyes to calm herself down. Her eyes then snapped open, glaring at the Princess,

"My parents may not have taught me about manners and such but at least I knew that they cared about me."

Anger stirred in the Princess' eyes.

"Did they?" Sookmyung challenged as Suji turned her back to Sookmyung, her hand hovering over her sword handle.

"Indeed they did because whenever I was sick, they would take care of me until I was better. Not send me away from home for years—"

Suji couldn't finish as she turned around quickly, her sword blocking the Princess' hit. The Princess jumped back as the two began to walk in circles, swords out, pointing at each other.

"You just made the biggest mistake of your life, Your Highness." Suji informed.

"Why? Is it because you're the Fearless Warror? You should know that you're no any better than me."

"Why? Is it because you're the Princess? Being the Princess doesn't make you better in anything. You may be in a higher rank than me but we are both females, meaning we both hold the same capabilities like any other female in the world."

"But some have better abilities than others." Sookmyung responded.

"I suggest you back down because getting beaten by a Hwarang helper can really affect your royal reputation."

The Princess was the one to make the first move. She ran forward and swung her sword down at Suji. Suji blocked her hit and the two jumped back.

Everyone watched in shock as the two females fought. The sound of the metal hitting against each other was all the males heard.

"Princess!" The Princess's guard shouted in concern as she unsheathed her sword, running towards the two fighting females.

Suji caught the Princess off guard by her sudden strength and was about to slash at Sookmyung but her guard blocked her hit.

Suji jumped back, her mouth twitching into a small smirk, "Two against one?"

The twins were busy cheering for their older sister as the three fought. Suji would spin and block both hits.

Suji finally kicked the Princess's sword out of her hand, resulting with the Princess falling back into her guard's arms.

"Okay, that's enough." Master We Hwa demanded.

The guard held her sword out in defence as she helped the Princess up. She stood in front of Sookmyung protectively as Suji ran towards them, her sword ready to slash.

"Suji!" Ban Ryu shouted.

"Someone stop her before she goes too far!" Jun exclaimed.

As soon as Suji was about to strike, Suji was pulled back. Soo Ho grabbed Suji by the waist and held her back. Ji Dwi held Suji's wrist and made her drop her sword as Jun stood in between the two.

"That's enough!" Jun yelled as he snapped his head to both sides.

"You may have had a conflict in the past but there is no need for you to fight it out!" Jun sighed, glancing at both females.

Sun Woo stepped forward, "Take the brothers and Suji back to their rooms."

The males nodded as Inseong and the twins walked over to their sister.

"Sun Woo—"

"No Suji, you need to go and rest."

Sookmyung stared at Sun Woo with an undesirable emotion in her eyes as Sun Woo stared at Suji with concern.

Suji gritted her teeth and shoved her way out of Soo Ho's grip. She went to retrieve her sword and stuck it back into her case. She walked up to the Princess, her eyes stern.

"If I see you near my siblings, especially Inseong, I won't hesitate to attack. Princess or not, you're still the same Sookmyung from when we were younger in my eyes."

Sookmyung chuckled as the female began to walk off with her brothers,

"And you're still the same Jiho."

Suji stopped in her tracks, her hands dropping to her side.

"Jiho?" The males muttered in confusion. Sun Woo's eyes became alert.

Jun's eyes widen and quickly walked towards Suji, grabbing her hand, "Let's go."

As the five left, Master We Hwa cleared his throat.

"You are all dismissed. Good work for today."

As the Hwarang men began to clear out, heading back to their rooms, Master We Hwa walked over to the Princess.

"Was it really necessary to call her that in front of everybody?"

"Why not?"

"It was to keep her safe." Master We Hwa sighed, worried for the female.

"Still. I have every right to call her by her real name."

Hansung and Yeo Wool who were the last to leave overheard the two. The two gasped and raced back to their room.

-

"Why did the Princess call Suji.. Jiho?" Soo Ho suddenly asked as his roommates were preparing for bed.

The three brothers, Ji Dwi, Sun Woo and Jun exchanged knowing glances.

"I'm not sure." Sun Woo responded.

"Yes you do. The Princess wouldn't have called Suji a different name for no reason. Plus, you six were shocked when the Princess mentioned that name." Ban Ryu pointed out.

"Also, didn't she say that her and Suji were childhood friends?" Yeo Wool questioned.

The six stayed quiet.

"The Princess also said that that was Suji's real name." Hansung added.

Ji Dwi sighed, "We're not going to discuss anything with you. You can ask Suji tomorrow for an explanation. Goodnight."

"Jeez, what bit you in the as—" Yeo Wool didn't finish as Ban Ryu threw a pillow at him.

yo i have a question

who's older in the drama, sookmyung or ji dwi bc if sookmyung is older, she's going to be the younger one in this book

—fathercoups