Fifteen

[CHAPTER FIFTEEN]

; MISSING

"Wake up! Grab your bags! Get out now!" Suji yelled at her highest, waking up her siblings. They snapped out of their sleepy trances and reacted immediately when they smelt the burning smell.

The family managed to make it out on time with their bags. They stood at a good distance away from their small house, watching it burn in flames with unreadable expressions.

Since they had no close by neighbours, nobody was aware of the fire, yet.

"There's buckets by the lake, twins!" Suji ordered loudly. The twins nodded and the three quickly ran to the lake, scooping up big buckets of water. They ran back and forth from the flaming house to the river, dumping the water onto the house to lose the flames. After the fire died down, the house was now just burnt wood.

Suji called out with sweat dripping down her face, "Is everyone alright?"

The siblings responded with a yes as Suji sighed angrily and clenched her fist.

"They were too early." Suji muttered, spotting the same symbol from the note planted on a nearby tree.

"What do we do now?" Minjae questioned, staring at the broken home.

"We'll go to them soon. Right now, we'll stay in a nearby inn—" Suji was cut off by loud rustling which made the family freeze in their spot.

"We need to get out of here.." Soo muttered, clutching Tae Oh closer to her. Her heart was pounding hard against her chest, but then again, so was everyone else's.

The siblings screamed when an arrow was shot towards Suji's direction. Luckily for her fast reflexes, she dodged it and rolled out of the way.

"Run!" Suji yelled as the family took off, running towards the town. Unfortunately, Eunha tripped over a branch and sprained her right ankle. She started to scream in pain.

The whole family stopped and looked back with panic. Suji gave her bag to Jihan and ran back to her little sister.

"Keep running! We'll catch up!"

Suji picked up Eunha and threw her over her shoulder like she weighed nothing. Suji looked back and saw a few figures from a distance so she took off running again, occasionally looking back.

And with that, the whole family escaped.

***