8. Design

Just Hold On- Steve Aoki and Louis Tomlinson
Eight weeks pregnant.
Harry's POV:
I hold back my hair and throw up again. I hear footsteps down the hall, I've woken up Niall. He comes to the door. "Oh god," I says under his breath. He grabs my hair.
"I'm sorry," I say. I wipe my chin and stand up. Niall hands me my tooth brush.
"You can't help it, it's fine," he says.
I brush my teeth and go back to bed. Niall gets me water. "Is there anything else you need?" He asks at the doorway.
"Do you think you could sleep with me?i ask. "I'm still not used to sleeping alone."
Niall smiles and nods. He climbs in next to me. "I'll do anything Harry." He hugs me, and I fall asleep like that.
---
"C'mon Harry, we're going to be late," Zayn says.
I pull on a jacket for the London rain. "Go start the car," I say. Zayn rolls his eyes, but leaves. I go to the car. He drives as fast as he can to the hospital.
"Harry Styles for pregnancy check up," Zayn says. To the secretary. She hands him paper work to fill out. Soon enough my name is called. We follow a nurse to a room.
"The doctor will be in here soon," she says. She checks my weight, temperature, blood pressure, and breaths.
The doctor come sin and smiles. "Hi I'm Dr. James Hood. I'm going to be doing your check ups. In the first trimester it'll just be once a month. We'll make it twice a month in your second trimester. In the third, once a week.
"Okay, so Harry have you felt any discomforts or any hurting on your stomach?" He asks.
"Uh, I feel sick all the time," I say.
"That's usual. How many times do you get sick each week?" The doctor asks.
"Almost every morning," I answer.
"Okay, I'm going to do an ultrasound to see how healthy your baby is."
Zayn looks at me and smiles. "You'll get to see how big your baby is."
I squeal when the doctor puts the gel on my stomach. "That's cold!"
James laughs. "Yup, when me wife had our twins, she always complained when she had to get an ultrasound," he says. "She always says it was the worst part of her appointments." He runs the wand on my stomach. He points at the screen. "There it is."
"What's that noise?" I ask, panicked.
"That's it's heartbeat."
"Why is it so fast?"
"It's supposed to be fast," he says. "If it was slow, then we'd have a problem."
I look at it in awe. "It's a jellybean."

"It's so small," Zayn coos

"It's so small," Zayn coos. "Can you believe it, Hazza?"
"No, is it actually in me?" I ask.
James nods. "Yup, and you can take the picture home if you want."
"Yes!" I exclaim. "Yes, absolutely!" I look at Zayn. "We can make a photo album!"
Zayn nods. "What do you want to call it for now?"
"Jellybean, until we find out its gender," I say.
"That's going to be a while," James says. "I'll tell you when you can."
We nod and leave with our picture.
Words: 538