Part 1

Mark watched Jack walk away into the terminal.  He hadn't suffered a separation this painful since the death of his father.  Jack was his strength.  He'd become a person he could always rely on.  He trusted Jack more then anyone he has ever known.  Yet, with such a powerful light... A darkness awaited just out of sight.  Looking back, Mark felt like he should have seen this coming.  What had started as simple fun had quickly become their curse.  Just the mention of the word 'Septiplier' left a bitter taste in his mouth.  He had grown so close to Jack in just a few short years, and it only took a group of fans to push them a part.  The riots at the signings... The sea of hate mail aimed at anyone they tried to date... The constant pestering to call or play with each other... The list was endless.  Whatever they had... It was gone now.  The tension from it all had become so thick between them, that just standing in the same room together felt like encouraging the fans!  So, the solution... Distance.  No more playing games together.  No more prank calls.  No more 'Septiplier' jokes.  The fandom pushed his best friend away... and already Mark had never felt so alone.  The joy of the world dimming away as he watched Jack board his flight. 

At home, Mark's depression was getting the best of him.  How could he continue to make videos for his fans when they chased away the best thing to happen to him in years?  Sure, not all his fans were to blame... but even now; months after distancing himself from Jack... The fans were still pressuring him to return to Jack.  Still fighting tooth and nail to prove 'Septiplier' as a sure thing!  On camera, Mark did his best to remain the 'Markiplier' everyone knew and loved.  Off camera though, A darkness was consuming him.  He found himself becoming more aggressive toward his editors over the tiniest things.  His dreams had turned into twisted nightmares that kept him from getting no more then three hours of sleep per day.  He felt like he was sinking and making videos was the only way to stay afloat!  Then just like his friendship with Jack... the pressure took its toll.  His frustrated editors up and left him, taking their so called 'friendship' with them on their way out.  While that night, whatever was left of Mark fell away into the depths of an endless black void... consumed by the cold depression and crushing pain of loneliness.  And in the morning, when he opened his eyes, he felt nothing.  No pain.  No loneliness.  No fears.  No worries.  He felt reborn.  He was through being the good guy.  Sacrificing his life for the affection and joys of others.  Now it was their turn to sacrifice their lives for HIS enjoyment!  He just had to do a little something first. 

Meanwhile across the ocean, Jack wasn't much better off.  Even though he was in a city area, he still felt like he was alone in his old cabin.  Nothing was worse than loneliness.  Without Mark, Jack felt like his younger self.  Living all alone in a cabin situated in the middle of nowhere, trying to chase away the silence by playing random games.  The key was to stay positive!  Sure, some of his fandom destroyed his dream friendship with Markiplier.  A man he admired and based his youtube channel around... but what was the point in screaming about it?  It was over.  If they kept stoking the fire, then it was sure to tear their channels apart... and after working sooo hard to make it this far... it would just be a waste.  Although, the obsession for 'septiplier' was timeless.  Even months after announcing the sinking of that ship, he was still receiving messages to 'come out and marry Mark'.  He tried so hard not to let it get to him and pretend like it wasn't effecting him... but deep down... he was frustrated.  He was always respectful and mindful of others... but when it came to them showing him that same curtsy it was flung back at him.  Then during October while recording the new release for Sister Location... it happened.  Millions of viewers watched in surprise as a figure glitched across the facecam... but to Jack there was nothing wrong with the video...  It played out like all his other games...  The closer Halloween drew, the stronger and more active the figure they saw got. 

Until on Halloween day, the figure calling himself 'Anti' surfaced!  Creeping into Jack's fragile mindset and shattering him right down to his very core!  Forcing what was left of Jack to slit his own throat!  With Jack destroyed by his own inner demon, Anti addressed the fans to inform them all of the horrors to come.  They all wanted Jack to suffer... and in doing so called Anti to the surface!  The fans could have stopped Anti's rise by just allowing Jack peace of mind... but they kept up their petty insistence!  The last words of Anti were not for the loss of Jack... but for those of the fans!  "Say Goodbye"!  For Anti had come... and no one would be spared from his wrath!

Dark stood alone on a dark road in the middle of the night.  He could feel him approaching.  For the shadows of night were an extension of himself and he could feel everything in it.  The street lights began to flicker and Dark listened to his phone blare up in a loud rush of static sound.  The phone lines overhead crackled and sparked in an eerie green light.  The static in the air growing stronger, until Dark watched a green bolt of electricity strike the pavement.  Dark stared at the scorch mark it made on the pavement, saying aloud to the person standing abruptly behind him.  "Is that suppose to scare me, Anti"?  Turning his head to look at Anti with an unimpressed expression, Anti replied nonchalantly.  "It's a subtle threat. What are you doing here in Ireland"?  Dark removed his ass ass sunglasses to reveal his solid black eyes, telling Anti shortly.  "I'm here for you".  Anti chuckled sarcastically, turning away as he dismissively shot out over his shoulder.  "You've wasted your time".  Anti started to walk away, when the shadows in front of him shifted to form Dark blocking his path.  Anti glanced behind him to see that Dark had used the shadows to travel from one spot to another.  Eyeing Dark out of the corner of his eye, Anti muttered out only slightly amused.  "Neat trick". 

Dark remained expressionless as he told Anti seriously.  "I want to play a game with you, like old times".  Scuffing softly, Anti asked just as seriously.  "And if I'm not interested"?  A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips, before his fist collided hard with Anti's face... knocking him out cold.  To Be Continued...