Part 19

Anti kept stroking Sans with his thumb.  He was beginning to feel anxious.  Shouldn't he have recharged by now?  He wasn't feeling any better.  Had Jack and Mark done some deeper damage he didn't know about?  Sans started to vibrate against his palm.  Anti could hear a soft growling coming down the hall.  So, Jack and Mark had left a guard to finish him off.  Chica never did like him or Dark... This was probably her version of revenge.  Anti sighed loudly in defeat.  He couldn't move.  Chica crept up to him with her hackles raised and teeth bared.  In his palm Sans suddenly pulsed and Anti felt a surge of energy course through him.  Was Sans trying to save him?  Chica lined herself up with his throat and Anti stared calmly back at her.  What pain could she inflict that he hadn't already gone through?  Sans pulsed again and Anti's body jerked violently!  He could feel the energy, but it wasn't staying in him.  It flowed out of him just as quickly. 

Chica had jumped back at his violent jerk, but started creeping closer now.  This time though, Sans didn't pulse... he grew!  Enlarging until he was just bigger than her.  Turning on her like a snake and baring his shark like teeth at her with a ghostly snarl!  Chica's tail tucked between her legs and she dashed off out of sight.  Sans kept his eye in the direction she ran, waiting.  When he seemed positive she wasn't coming back, he looked down to flash Anti a shark like grin.  Anti chuckled, telling him a bit exhausted.  "You should go warn Dark".  Sans grin fell away and he shook his large eye from side to side.  Anti gave him a small smirk, adding on softly.  "Someone has too".  Sans began to shrink until he was back to his small size.  Curling up on Anti's chest like a cat.  Defying him in the most loyal way.  Anti was about to command him to go, when Sans's little eye shot up.  If he saw something, he didn't show Anti.  He just scurried off his body and out of sight.

Anti wanted to be relieved but he wasn't.  What was he to do now?  Lay here until someone came back?  Anti watched the walls burn and the hall fill with more and more smoke.  Could he burn alive now?  The longer he watched the more he saw the smoke drifted into a shadow on the wall?  Stepping out from the shadow, Dark looked down at him a bit surprised.  Anti raised an eyebrow curiously as Dark kneeled next to him asking simply.  "What happened? You over charge or something"?  Anti ignored the question to ask one of his own.  "How did you know I was down"?  Dark pointed to Anti's other side, answering.  "Sans. He showed up and started rolling around. I didn't understand the little bastard... but he made Chicanery go crazy. She started tugging on my leg and barking at me. Then took off for the house".  Anti turned to look.  Little Sans was sitting on top of Evil Chica's head, barely visible but peeking out through her red Mohawk. 

Smiling to the both of them, Anti rolled his eyes.  Of course.  Sans didn't want to fetch Dark.  Dark couldn't understand him.  Where his pet...  Anti stopped mid-thought.  Turing back to Dark and asking curiously.  "Chicanery? And you thought 'Sans' was a weird name".  Dark rolled his eyes, removing his bowie knife from his boot as he answered.  "You're the one who got me thinking about interesting names. Look it up. It means, Deception, Trickery, Verbiage, Smoke & Mirrors, Nonsense. And if you get to see her go for a 'walk' you'll see why. Now what happened"?  While Dark laid a hand on his chest, Anti quickly told him.  "Jack and Mark did this. They are working together to 'overpower' us. Counter our weakness and crap".  Anti gasped at the feeling of Dark's power filling his heart.  It was draining even more of what little energy he had left!  Grasping Dark's wrist, Anti pleaded out desperately.  "Dark! Dark... Stop"!  Dark didn't though, he simply held him still as he told him casually.  "There is something there, Anti. I'm trying to drain it out".  Anti arched back against the floor, groaning out through clenched teeth.  "Ya! It's called a heart! Stop"!

Dark ignored him and kept going.  Anti's vision was darkening and he was starting to have trouble breathing!  Then when Anti thought Dark was going to kill him off... Dark removed his hand and Anti gasped loudly!  Rolling onto his side, Anti coughed loudly and took deep breaths.  When he looked back at Dark, he noticed Dark was holding something in the palm of his hand.  It looked like a small shiny ball.  Dark crushed it in his hand, grimly stating.  "Clever. They were draining your energy as you regained it. Keeping you weak, while they used your power".  Anti rubbed his chest, stating back aggressively.  "I don't know about you, Dark... But I'm not going to let them get away with this"!  Dark turned his eyes to Anti, stating calmly.  "That seems to be the most logical move. They made their move. Let's show them ours. How long will it take you to bounce back"?  Anti slowly climbed to his feet, stretching and rolling his shoulders.  When he felt loose enough, he raised his hands toward the walls and drained the energy out of the fires until they disappeared. 

Turning back to Dark, Anti told him seriously.  "That should hold me over for a bit. Until I can devour their very souls! Are you ready to come join the fun, Dark"?  Dark rose to his feet, loosing up his neck and calling Chicanery to his side.  Anti waited for Dark to curl his fingers around Chicanery's black collar, before taking Dark's hand and shifting across a few planes.  When Anti stopped he chuckled loudly.  This plane he had chosen played to their advantage.  It wasn't just dark.  It had generators that Anti could drain the power from.  Dark glanced around with an amused interest, before asking.  "How will you lore them here"?  Anti grinned darkly, telling him hungrily.  "Their already here. They want to play. Then let's play a game we all can enjoy. Single round. Killers vs. Survivors".  Dark smirked back at him, saying smugly.  "A game of survival... against gamers? Anti... I'm in. How do we play"?  Anti scanned the large area, as he told Dark a bit distracted.  "Hunt them down. Kill them both. They'll try to activate the generators to get away... but they'll soon learn this game is rigged 'MY' way"!  To Be Continued...