Epilogue

A hand snaked around my waist, and I smiled, knowing who it was.

"Eugene, it's three in the afternoon. Don't try to get me into bed now." The man behind me chuckled, embarrassed, and stepped to my side. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"So," he began, helping me wash the dishes, "what's it like being a full-fledged video producer?"

"It's strange," I admitted. "People don't ask me to get them coffee or print papers anymore. I feel like they respect me, you know?" He nodded.

"I can't believe it's been two years since you came to Buzzfeed," he sighed wistfully, remembering the years. "It feels like just yesterday."

"Yeah," I said, placing the last dish in the cupboard. I turned around and looked at my apartment, remembering how it used to be.

Before Eugene moved in.

"Levi?"

"Mhm?" I said, closing my eyes briefly. I felt him put something in my hand and I opened my eyes. A ring pop. I looked up at him questioningly.

"I won't have the money for an actual ring until I get my next check," he said, smiling bashfully, "but I just couldn't wait. I hope this suffices. Oh, and by the way, Sara's been dropping hints that she wants to be your maid of honor for a while now." He kissed me on the cheek and left the room, leaving me alone.

A small smile made it's way to my face as I unwrapped the candy.

I am hopelessly in love with Eugene Lee Yang.