12

(HARRY)

               “So what’s for lunch?” Niall asked.

               “Whatever you want,” Percy explained. “You think of the food you want and what to drink and it appears in front of you.”

               “How does that work?” Louis asked. He’s been pulling pipe cleaners, nuts, and bolts out of his pockets all day, must be a Hephaestus thing.

               “I really don’t know, but it’s cool.”

               We were supposed to sit with our cabin mates but none of us did. We all sat at the Hestia table. Paige was sitting next to me and Shelby was next to Niall. We all thought of our favorite sandwiches and drinks and they showed up almost by magic. Paige had some weird sandwich and what looked like some kind of candy. “What’s that?” I asked, pointing to her plate.

               “A bologna and ketchup sandwich,” she said like it was the most obvious thing.

               “No,” I laughed,” the candy stuff.”

               “Oh,” she breathed,” My grandma’s sea foam candy. You want to try some?”

               “Sure, as long as it doesn’t taste like the sea.” I took a bite and it tasted delicious. It looked and felt like taffy but it tasted so much better.

               “Good right,” she laughed. Goodness, her laugh killed me it was so cute.

               “Yeah, this is amazing.”

               “Offering time,” some kid yelled.

               “Offering, what do they mean by that?” Niall, having watched way too many horror movies, looked as pale as a ghost.

               “You have to put part of your food in the blazer up there,” Percy pointed to the blazer in the center of the pavilion,” Did you think we were going to kill someone or something?”

               “I really didn’t know what you were going to do.”

               We walked up and did as we were told. I laughed a bit wen Paige threw some of her sea foam candy into the fire. “What are you laughing at, Curly?”

               “It’s just kind of ironic that you would offer sea foam candy to the Greek god of the sea.” She started blushing as soon as she realized what she had done, but she was cute when she blushed. She was always cute.

               “Shut up Harry,” she said with her head down to hide the blush.

               We walked back to the table to find Niall, Liam, and Zayn in a heated argument with some brunette that looked like she was at least half plastic.

               “How could you say that about her?!” Niall practically screamed at the brunette. “She’s beautiful, are you blind?” I put him and Liam in choke holds to keep them from hurting the girl.

               “Are you blind?” the girl sneered. “You are too good for her, Niall.”

               “What is going on here?” Paige interrupted the yelling.

               “This twit,” Zayn said referring to the other girl,” came over and started simultaneously flirting with Niall and dissing Shelby.”

               “Oh no,” Paige started getting closer to the girl,” I know you did not dis my friend and hit on her boyfriend at the same time.”

               “And how would you know that?”  The girl spat. “You look like you only think about yourself.”

               “Sorry, I didn’t know I was made of mirrors because you are the only one that looks like she only thinks about herself,” the girl’s mouth dropped and Paige got in her face,” and I know you didn’t do that because if you did I would mess that pretty little face of yours up so bad.”

               “Zayn, grab these two,” I yelled as I grabbed Paige’s arms right before she could punch the other girl.

               “TYLA,” Chiron’s voice boomed,” sit down and stop harassing other campers before I make you sleep in the attic for a week.” She shrank down and ran back to her table. “Sorry about that but you handled it the way I would have hoped a child of one of the big three would.”

               “How,” Zayn asked, “by almost punching someone a lot weaker than you?”

               “No, by standing up for and protecting others.”

               “Alright, but if you hadn’t shown up you would have found her in the stables,” Paige said before she turned around to look at Niall. “Where did she go?”

                “She ran off towards the woods. I’ll come with you,” Niall said after seemingly reading her mind.

               “Not the woods, they’re the most dangerous part of camp.”

               “I’m coming too,” I said. Like I would let her go anywhere in this camp alone after this morning let alone the most dangerous part of camp.

               “Here,” she said reaching me one of her daggers,” You’ll need this in the woods.”

               “You can have mine, bud,” Zayn said as he gave Niall his.

               “Why did you two bring these out of the arena?”

               “At this camp you never know when you’ll need to fight,” Paige said before she started running towards the woods with me and Niall right behind her.