36

(ZAYN)

When I woke up I heard people yelling and metal hitting metal. I opened my eyes and saw Paige fighting that stupid Niad as Harry untied everyone and Shelby healed the few of us that got hurt. The Niad yelled something at Paige that my still asleep ears couldn’t hear and she chopped the girl in half. “Grand Canyon is a no go,” Paige said through her panting. I guess she was fighting for a good while before I woke up.

“Luke is Kronos once again,” Harry added on before pulling Paige into a hug. PDA like this makes me miss Perrie, but I know she’s safer wherever she is now than she would be with me.

“We need to tell everyone at both camps that Kronos is back,” Percy said. “We don’t know how long he’ll wait before his assault, but I doubt it will be long.”

“Hey, Zayn,” Shelby said in a weird, questioning way.

“Yes, Shelby,” I answered as she turned me around.

“I’m I crazier than before or is that Perrie?”

I looked straight ahead and saw the girl I was in love with fighting with two boys. They had one of her hands tied and they were trying to tie the other while dragging her towards us without noticing. Without thinking I ran over to them and tackled one of them so hard I think he fainted. I grabbed the other by his collar while he was watching his friend and slammed him against a tree. “What do you think you are doing?” I growled.

“Luke told us to get Zayn’s human mate since Harry wouldn’t do his bidding,” the guy stuttered.

I brought my head closer to his and growled,” Touch her again and you die.” He frantically nodded his head and I shoved him away from us.

I walked over to Perrie as she was trying to untie the rope around her wrist. “Are you alright babe?” I asked as I hugged her from behind with my head on her shoulder.

“A little shook up, but perfectly fine otherwise,” she said as she turned around to face me. I leaned down to kiss her and for once none of the guys gaged. Seeing her here made me realize how much I really did miss her.

“Why… how are you here? Last I heard from you, you were in L.A,” Louis asked as we walked back to everyone else.

“Some weird dude with winged shoes showed up at my house and teleported me some place around here. Then, I ran into those two a few minutes ago and now I’m back with you.”

“Do you think she might be a half-blood?” Liam asked.

“Of course she is,” Jason sighed. “Why else would Hermes show up and teleport her where we are?”

“So who’s her parent?” Percy asked.

At that time a snow white owl landed on her shoulder and dropped a piece of parchment paper in her hand before flying off again. “I think she’s a child of Minerva.. no Athena, sorry,” Jason said as he took the paper from her. It read:

Dear half-bloods,

                              You need to go back to Camp Half-Blood. We know about Luke and Kronos and we have informed both camps. We need you to come report your findings and help with war preparations.

                                                                                                                                                      ~Athena.

               “How do we get back there from here?” Niall asked.

               “I’ve got an idea,” Paige said as she whispered something in Percy’s ear and he smirked. This should be fun, not.