19

(SHELBY)

               Each one of us was backed into a different corner by a different dracaena. Nate got Percy, Nateli got me, and their hidden friend got Paige. I saw their friend and Nate lunge at my friends but Nateli just stood there and stared at me with blank eyes. “Where are you half-blood?” she hissed. I was standing right in front of her how come she couldn’t see me?

               “She’s right in front of you Nateli, now kill her!” Nate yelled as Percy cut her in half causing her to become monster dust. I cut Nateli’s head off as she was screaming at Percy for killing her friend. I looked around to find Paige but I couldn’t find her until I looked up. She was balanced on one of the warehouse roof beams trying not to look down or get shredded. She was in trouble so I desperately had to think of a plan and fast. I grabbed the pocket knife Chiron had given me to replace my own and tried to remember the time Paige had taught me about throwing knives. I threw it as hard as I could at the dracaena and watched as she turned into dust.

“THANK YOU!”  Paige screamed as she climbed down the steel beam.

“I thought you were scared of heights?” Percy laughed as she tackled me with a hug

“I am but I’m more scared of dracaena teeth and claws.”

“Well let’s go buy that stuff and get back to the boys before they think we died,” I said as I picked up the hair dye and dragged Paige into the store. Paige and I found the special effects make-up and bought enough to make One Direction look like Kiss. We paid for everything and ran back to the woods to find the boys.