32

(JASON)

               We had to have walked five miles at least. I think we might be in Missouri, just because we were driving for a day at break neck pace. “Hey, there’s a town!” Louis exclaimed.

               We all looked ahead at the little town full of farms and people. I saw some little munchkins running around, some teenagers, and some adults. “Let’s see if any of them will help us,” Liam suggested.

               He started walking and I stopped him right before the worst could have happened. All of us just stared at the broad sword lying on the asphalt on top of Liam’s foot. “I think we should keep walking, unless you all want to fight for your lives,” I said as I saw some of the people looking at us with maniacal glares.

               “That would be best,” Zayn mumbled as he set off for the woods a few miles off.  We all followed him and somehow got lost, not a big shocker there.

               “You freaking got us lost!” I grabbed his collar and slammed him against a tree. He was about to hit me back when a vine wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from him. A vine wrapped around his arm and turned him around so he was facing a beautiful Niad.

               Her hair was black, she had a slight green tint to her skin, and she was dressed in leaves and moss. “What are you doing here in my woods, you stupid boys?!” she yelled as vines wrapped around all of us.

               “We’re trying to save the world and our friends,” Niall said as the girl walked over to him.

               “You should have had to go through the cursed village! That was the defense Kronos set up to divert you meddlesome heroes!”

               Louis giggled a bit before saying,” Are you trying to act like one of the Scooby Doo characters?”

               The girl’s eyes filled with hate and the vines tightened so much we all yelled at the pain. “I hate stupid, immature, meddlesome boys! I wish they could all just die on quests!”

               “Please, stop yelling and let us go,” I pleaded. “We really wish you no harm and surely you wouldn’t want to live in a world ruled by the Titans?”

               “I would love a world ruled by the Titans. I have been promised the honor of ruling over all wilderness spirits.”

               “I really don’t think that the Titans have ever been known to keep their word,” Percy said.

               “Whatever, all I have to do now is hold you here until the others come to take who they please.” The vines wrapped around our necks and tightened. I felt the vine loosen right as I passed out.