Chapter 18

James Pov

"Keep them closed." Savannah's giggle is the one melody I would want to hear over and over again. I look over to her squealing happily as she impatiently keeps  her hands over her eyes.

"What is it?" She shrieks, now impatiently.

I walk over to her grasping her by the waist. My lips come to her ears as I whisper "Open them."The scent of vanilla strawberries overwhelm my nostrils. I feel the soft brush of her hair on my cheek as I kiss hers. 

"It's beautiful!" Her knee length white dress makes her look like an angel as she runs over to the forest floor. The sun shines down on her perfectly as she sits on the checkered blanket I laid out. "The waterfall." She continues pointing to it in shock just before she runs up and wraps her legs around my waist, kissing me passionately. 

"Hey we're missing the best part!" I chuckle as I slowly push her off me. Her soft eyes smile back at me as her feet make their way back onto the soft grass.

"What?" She says confused as I go back to the car I took to drive us here. I pull out the picnic basket from the back seat. 

"Food." We both laugh as we make our way back to the blanket. "I didn't know what you liked." I say as I pull out watermelon, turkey sandwiches, and pasta salad. "So I hope this is okay." I pull out chocolate chip cookies and bottles of water lastly. I glance over at her and her eyes lighten up.

"Chocolate!" She extends her finger out at the freshly baked cookies with delight. 

"Well let's just hope they're as good as they look." I run my hand through my hair nervously and stare back at her, watching her eyes widen.

"You didn't!" She exclaims. With my nod, she falls over laughing. "For me?"

"Yeah yeah. I had to call my mom a couple  different times. That kitchen in my apartment has never been used before by me  so let's just hope I made everything right."

"James. This is beautiful." Her eyes beamed with delight as she puts her hand over her thin lips, covering her mouth in shock.

"Just like the woman before me." The words flowed effortlessly off my tongue as I stared at the angelic figure looking back at me. "Now let's eat I'm starving."

"How's the sandwich?" I look back at her looking down at the bread as she chews delicately. I couldn't get over how beautiful she was just sitting there, eating a sandwich.

A tomato gently falls out of her sandwich and she looks up at me. "It's amazing."

"Well that was the easy part. Anyone can make a sandwich." 

"You'd be surprised." She takes a sip out of the water bottle. "Once, when we were kids, my older sister Lacey made a peanut butter and fish sandwich."

"Well you two were kids!" My exclamation could have echoed through the forest floor as I was interested in what she had to say.

"Yeah but that's pretty much your level in cooking." She looks back down at her water bottle. "I know I burned you pretty bad and it doesn't look like we have ice so here." Before I know it, the water in the bottle is now all over me. Savannah runs over to the rope swing by the water. She looked nervous as she swung on it and dove in. I get up from the blanket and chase her, doing the same as I swim over to her. 

"Got you!" I exclaimed hearing her shrieks of laughter. "Thought you could get away."

"I wouldn't want to. Ever." She looks into my eyes. Her arms wrap around my neck and her legs wrapped around my waist now. "I know this is weird." She looks over to the waterfall. "But I've always wanted to be kissed under a waterfall."

I moved us over there with her still wrapped around me. I take her cheeks in both of my hands as I kiss her gently, letting the sound of the water and her kiss take over my thoughts. 

"I love you so much, James."