Chapter 3: Adopted and Abducted

I was just six when the war tore my parents from me. But in the midst of devastation, I found solace in the kindness of Alien Lord Tefgin, leader of the Lyraks, and his wife Aida. They adopted me, and Lord Tefgin's love was unwavering, like a father's. Yet, Aida's heart was a different matter. She despised humans, and I was a constant reminder of her resentment. Her cruelty and venomous words still echo in my mind, until she finally sold me to the E.T.C. like a disposable trinket.

The Rebel Camps were a blur of hardship and horror. Stripped of my palace clothes, I was left with rags and a shattered sense of self. Passed from one votan master to another, I saw others like me - young votan girls torn from their families, their eyes haunted by the same fears. But in the darkness, I found a spark within me. I became a beacon of hope, comforting and promising my fellow captives that one day we'd escape.

Years passed, and I grew into a symbol of defiance, earning the title of the Votan's most wanted slave. Bids were placed on me like a prized possession, and I was sold to the highest bidder. No wonder I ended up in the Caspian House of Gale, in the arms of Dorian Gale.