Chapter 13: Wedding Bells

We exchanged wedding vows that evening, our love shining brighter than the stars above. Dorian's words were heartfelt, but he stumbled over the traditional human phrase. "I Dorian Gale, take you Petra to have and to hold from this day forward... till Kron do us part." I laughed and gently  corrected him, "It's till death do us part." 

With a mischievous grin, Dorian crumpled the paper and said, "Screw this. I'm marrying you, my way." He took my hand, his eyes locked on mine. "I, Dorian Gale, take you Petra to be my wife. I will love you non-stop, forever and a day more, and nothing will ever come between us."

I was overwhelmed with emotion as I recited my vows. "I, Petra McCauley, take you Dorian Gale to be my husband, my lover, my best friend, my brother, and everything else. I promise to love and support you in good times and bad, all the days of my life."

"Wow. Uhm... you may kiss the Wife?" said Gus "Bride!" I laughed. "Who cares? It's the same thing. Just kiss her mann"

We shared a tender kiss, our love radiating like a beacon. "You're my favorite person in this Terra-formed world," I whispered to Dorian. "I am so in love with you."

As we cuddled, I reflected on our journey. "Two months ago, we were at each other's throats. How did this happen?"

Dorian chuckled. "I knew I loved you then. You never knew because I played it cool. You probably thought I hated you."

I smiled, feeling grateful for our love. "I'm glad you didn't kill me."

Dorian laughed, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "How could I?"

In that moment, nothing else mattered. It was a cold night but we were warm in each other's arms, safe and happy. At least for now.