Chapter 15: Mother

"I'm sorry"
"You left!..I was only nine! Dad was so crushed, he took sides with the ETC. You need to see what he has become. And it's all because of you, your greed and your quest for fame and money!" Dorian raged.
"I know, but I'm sorry. I was young...and I had you...and we landed here...and things were different. I wanted something different" Aida explained "I fell in love with someone else. I knew your father would do something terrible to me if he found out, so I ran"

"You ran..You chose love over your own son! Why didn't you take me with you?"
"It was for the best". "You're a mean and selfish woman! How'bout Petra? You had her kidnapped and sold to rebel camp! What is wrong with you?"
"That's not your business son! I have personal reasons for that"
"Ooh it's my business because.."
"because?"
"nothing"
"Look Dorian. I understand how low you think of me right now but that was a long time ago. I'm sorry, I really am. I need you to forgive me, please? I'm sorry I left you" Aida pleaded "You can stay here, live with me, I'll care for you from now on".
"No! You only care about yourself, nobody else". "I'm sorry"
"I'll forgive you"
"Okay, thank you"
"IF...Petra forgives you"
"What? Why do you even care so much?" She asked suspiciously.
"You heard me. If she forgives you, I'll do the same...because what you did to that girl...You're a terrible person" he said leaving.

___________________________

"I missed you very much my child. But I don't believe what you're saying is true! Your Mother was depressed when you went missing, she cried everyday, she put up pictures of you incase anyone found you. She even offered a reward! She did all that for you so how can you possibly expect me to believe she's the one who kidnapped you?! It doesn't make any sense."

"Oh my God Dad she was pretending! She fooled all of you! You fell for it. Can't you see? She hates me. I thought you knew that?" I said amidst tears.

"Petra, my sweet child. I'm sorry but I don't believe any of this. Why don't you forget about everything and move on? it's all in the past now. Good thing is, you're here, you're alive. I'm just so happy to see you" he hugged me.  "I'm happy to see you too".
"Don't cry my dear. I cannot imagine what you've been through"
"You have no idea" I sniffed "I'm throwing you a welcome-home party this evening. Everyone's coming, for you. But first, lets have lunch. We have a lot to talk about".

   ___________________________

"So let me get this straight; my wife, Petra's Mother is also your Mother? You must be Wiktor's boy!" Tefgin said cheerfully "How is your father? I haven't heard from him in a while". "He's great. He's a commander. He has a lot on his plate. Sometimes, I think he takes his job too seriously" Dorian answered "And the way he yells at the guards and everyone...".

"I know. That old dawg's been trying to convince me to join his collective. But you know me, told him I can never betray the Union. Besides, the food here is heavenly!" Tefgin said laughing "Why would I want to leave all of this for rebel camp?" he added. "Oooh dad so you don't want to join the collective because of the 'food' here huh?" I laughed "No no no" he replied "I don't want to join them because I'm loyal to the Union, it's what I stand for" he said sarcastically "Mhmm" I laughed again "I missed you dad". "I missed you too cupcake".

"So Dorian, you've tried to catch up on lost times with your Mother ey?"
"She's not my Mother" Dorian answered
"I said I'm sorry.."
"You left!"

"Uhmm...so how did you two meet?" Tefgin said, changing the topic "It's very unusual to see a Votan and a Human together, as friends. They never get along; always fighting in the streets, competing with each other, who has the best food, the best fashion, the best everything. It's quite annoying. Anyways, that's why we have the Union, for peace".