Chapter 4: The House of Gale

The Caspians, renowned for their pale skin, white hair, and striking features, possess a cunning intelligence and ambition that serves them well on Earth. However, their pride and arrogance have earned them disdain from other votans. 

Dorian, a Caspian, embodies these traits. His pale skin and grey eyes make him exceptionally handsome, but his selfish mother's abandonment and his father's busy rebellious schedule have left emotional scars.

____________________________

   "I still don't understand why my father paid so much money on your empty head" Dorian said to me while I was serving at the dinner table. "Relax, she's not that bad" Gus said laughing. "Ugh humans are so slow and stupid" Dorian replied "You know she can't even prepare our famous Bulgar Ashkan dish". "That's impossible, then why is she the most wanted?" said Rocco "I can only imagine why" he laughed sinisterly. "I'm sorry Favi Gale, I'm still learning. I just need more time" I said, defending myself. "You dare speak at the dinner table! A dirty slave girl like you; how dare you?", he replied.  "Forgive  me Favi" I said, looking down with tears in my eyes while his friends snickered. "have you had some of that yet?" Rocco said to Dorian grinning. "Tsk tsk tsk that human girl is a piece of shtako" Dorian said in disgust.

______________________________

 "I can't stand him!" I paced the room, seething with anger. "Have you ever seen anyone as arrogant and narcissistic as Dorian?" Rose chuckled, "You know he's into you, right? And let's be real, who wouldn't be? He's gorgeous." I shot her a sarcastic laugh. "Ha-ha, very funny. I have more pressing concerns, like escaping this place and getting away from him." Rose raised an eyebrow, "Mhmm..." Rose glanced at the door, anxious to leave before her Master notices her absence. The fresh scars from last night's encounter still stung. "Don't forget our meeting," I reminded Rose. "I've already told the others." 

Our escape plan was finally taking shape, and I couldn't wait to discuss the details. The House of Gale was luxurious, but the constant insults and scorn from Dorian made it a prison. I couldn't help but notice his handsome face, but it only made his cruelty more infuriating.

_____________________________

Meanwhile, Dorian is torn between his suspicion and attraction to Petra. Her calm demeanor and kindness despite his cruelty confuse him. As a wealthy Caspian, he's accustomed to attention, but Petra's indifference sparks a mix of emotions. Over time, his feelings evolve from contempt to love, and he finds himself treating her with unexpected kindness.

That's what love does to you.