Chapter 7: The Visit

A week ago

 "General! What a pleasant surprise." Wiktor Gale greeted General Kron with a warm smile.

The General's sly tone hinted at his true intentions. "We've secured Coral City, and the bolts are on our side. Well done, Commander."

Wiktor deflected the praise. "It was a team effort, General. Others deserve credit too."

General Kron's eyes narrowed. "We must push further, especially in the Royal City. If we can sway them to our cause... But that stubborn Tefgin refuses to yield. You're the reason he still lives."

Wiktor's expression turned grave. "I'm working on it, General. I'll get to him soon enough. At least she's on our side."

The General's gaze turned cold. "Speaking of which, I know why I'm really here. Is it true? She's here, isn't she?"

Wiktor's hesitation confirmed the General's suspicions. "I want to speak with your son, Dorian."

Wiktor tried to intervene. "General, you can't believe those rumors. It's just a distraction. We have pressing matters to attend to."

The General's voice rose. "It's a prophecy, Wiktor! And I won't wait for the union to fulfill it. I want to speak with Dorian now."

          ___________________________

"Favi Gale?" Petra whispered, her voice barely audible.

"Yes?" Dorian replied, his eyes locked on hers.

"Your father's asking for you. You have a visitor," Petra said, her expression solemn.

Dorian's gaze shifted to the door, where General Kron stood, his presence commanding attention. "General! Welcome," Dorian said, bowing his head in respect.

"Sit," the General ordered, his voice firm. "I have a job for you."

Dorian obeyed, his eyes fixed on the General. "Whatever you want, sir."

The General's gaze turned icy. "Your human slave girl, Petra... I want you to kill her and dispose of her body in the pale forest."

Dorian's eyes widened in horror. "I... I... I don't understand. Why?"

The General's expression turned cruel. "All you need to know is that she's a threat to our kind."

Dorian stuttered, "But sir... she's innocent. I can't..."

Wiktor Gale's voice cut in, firm and commanding. "Dorian."

"Yes, Father?" Dorian replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Don't embarrass me. Just obey the order. It's not that hard," Wiktor said, his eyes cold.

General Kron's parting words hung in the air like a challenge. "You're perfect for the job, Dorian. That's why I chose you. The girl must go. You know what happens to those who defy me."

With that, the General turned and left, leaving Dorian reeling from the weight of the order.

          _____________________________

"I'm screwed, Gus. I'm totally screwed," Dorian said, his voice laced with desperation.

Gus's expression turned sympathetic. "I know, man. But why you? What's going on?"

Dorian shook his head. "I have no idea. But I just can't do it. I can't bring myself to kill her. She's innocent, Gus."

Gus raised an eyebrow. "Or maybe it's hard to spill your lover's blood?"

Dorian's face fell, his eyes clouding with sadness. "It's not funny, Gus. We're close, we're friends... I just can't do it."

Gus's expression softened. "I know, man. I get it."

___________________

Pete and Dorian had no idea that their friendship was about to take a dramatic turn. They had been unknowingly in love with each other for a while, living their best lives together. But Dorian's promise to keep Petra safe would soon be put to the test. He had big plans, with Gus's help, to protect her and defy the General's orders. But fate had other plans, and Petra's escape may set off a chain of events that would change everything.