~8~

*Blake's P.O.V*

"That was a low blow," I say cleaning the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand.

"You wasn't paying attention," Nate says throwing a punch aiming my face at my face, I dodge it quickly. "Good, One... two...One"

Why would I tell Zoey it was a date? I mean come on. I can't make her a part of my shitty life. She deserves more.

Shit, the way she laughs. How her eyes sparkle when she talks about books, her passion. The forehead kiss? Are you kidding me? What is this girl doing to me? I sound like a bitch.

I wince when my face collapses on the floor.

"What is with you? Concentrate!" Nate yells again and laughs. He must be enjoying this. I'm a beast in the boxing ring, today I'm distracted.

"Why are you complaining, You just knocked me down. This never happens" I laugh, punching him in the stomach.

"I don't get pay to knock you out, I need to keep you on your feet, Now stop thinking about that girl and get your head back on the game. You have a fight in two weeks and you are slacking"

"I'm not thinking about a girl, I'm just distracted" Fuck am I that obvious?

"Yeah right, some girl has gotten around your head, She must have a juicy p—"

I punch him right in his mouth, "Watch your mouth mate, I don't care if you are my trainer and my best friend, I will break your face" I growl. No one talks about her like that, I don't care if she's not my girl.

"There he is. Come on, beast," He says, calling me by my boxing name and it makes me nauseous. Reminds me of the days I had to fight for my life.

"That's not who I am anymore," I say dodging a punch.

"On the ring, you are Beast whether you want to accept it or not. You earned that name, own it"

❤ ❤ ❤

"So did you figure out what's the deal with Zoey?" Jason asks.

"Shit, that's the girl you are so hung up about? " Nates says then shakes his head, "I mean I don't blame you, Zoey is so se—"

"If you finish that sentence I'm going to staple your tongue to your forehead" I growl, Nate has no filter. I swear he hits that one nerve.
Jason and Nate came over my house to play 2k, my brothers are visiting my grandma this weekend. I have the house to myself until Monday morning.

"Wow man calm down. I was going to say sensitive, you know" he winks, "How did that even happen? I heard she doesn't date anyone in high school,"

Jason laughs, "I'm telling you man, you in love with the girl. Admit it. It only took her one date"

"I'm not in love with her and it wasn't a date. We were just working on our project, Jason pass me the ball you are not going to make that"

"Never underestimate Stephen Curry" He shoots and misses.
"You dickhead" I groan throwing the remote beside me.

I sigh, I need to get this girl out of my mind. "Boys lets have a party, Invite the whole school if you must. I need to get shit out of my mind, Go all out"

Nate grins maliciously, "Already on it"

It's going to be a hell of a night.

❤ ❤ ❤

Three hours later and the party was in full swing, there are people I've never seen in my life, not that I mind. I'll find a girl who wants to have a good night and loose myself in her.