~18~

"Why do you look so bummed out?" Casey asks as we sit in the cafeteria, for the first time this year we get here before anyone else from our group of friends. To answer Casey's question, it's Wednesday. Blake has a fight today but of course, I can't tell her that so I say, "Still thinking about Dee" Which is sort of true, he has been avoiding me ever since I told him about me and Blake.
I know I said I was going to be supportive but the idea of him being hurt or him hurting someone makes my stomach turn.

"Have you tried speaking to him?"

I snort,"Nope, he keeps avoiding me. We don't even run into each other and we live in the same house,"

She sighs and lays her head on my shoulder and doesn't say anything, I don't expect her to, I close my eyes. I find what Daniel is doing very childish. Yes, he is like my best friend but he doesn't seem like he misses me.

When I open my eyes I'm greeted by sparkly green eyes and a dimpled smile," Hello I'm Nicholas" I've never seen him around, he must be new.

"Hi I'm Zoey and this is my best friend Casey"

"Hello," Casey says eying him. I'm not going to lie he is pretty cute.

He smiles, " It's my first day and you called my attention, I just wanted to say hi" He sits beside me.

"Oh-" I feel him before I see him. As if my whole body is aware of his existence.

"You are way too close to my girlfriend for my liking, so Ima need you to back off, " A familiar voice says from behind me. I look up at blake who is starring down at Nicholas with Jason and Nate behind. They look intimidating.

"I get it, dude, she's off limits," Nicholas says raising his hands in defense and gets up. Blake walks towards me and drops his arm around me possessively and I roll my eyes.

Nicholas gives me a smile, his eyes sparkling, "But if this doesn't work out, I'll be around" He says and walks away. Blake tenses and before he throws himself at Nicholas I place my hands on his chest,"Hey look at me" I say and our gaze meet, "Calm down, I'm yours"

"I'm sure of that but let me teach him a lesson. He won't come to this school and disrespect me, he doesn't know what I'm capable of" I raise and wrap my arms around his neck his and body relaxes. "He is not worth it okay, let's have a proper meal. Besides save that for the ring," I whisper.

"Believe me peaches what I want to do to that kid won't interfere with what I have to do tonight"

We all take a seat. Casey nudges me on the side and mouths "OMG" I just shrug and take a bite from my now cold hamburger.

Nate snorts,"Peaches? Dude, you are dating the hottest girl in school and you call her peaches? why not princess or beautiful?"

"Nate one of this days, I'm going to choke you," Blake says rolling his eyes.

He laughs," I'll be waiting"

"Hey," Ty says sitting next to Casey, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Yall seen the new kid?"

Oh, Dios mio.

"Yup," Jason says," He was about to be a dead man for hitting on Zoey"

"Already? he must have a death wish" Ty says.

"I didn't care he was hitting on my girl because she ain't going nowhere. It just that little comment"

I shake my head and smile, at least he knows I'm his.

"Hey," Ella says as she approaches us, "Oh, we have company"

The whole cafeteria is buzzing, I forgot how big of a deal is that the trio is sitting with us. As cliche as it sounds.