Epilogue

I pull up into the parking lot, I take my bag from the back seat and close the car door behind me. I take a deep breath and open the door to the house. It's quiet and it's never quite, something is going on. When I walk into the kitchen and place my bag on the counter, I hear little feet ruining.

They don't sound like our dog max, so there's must be something up. I notice a water gun and a note on top of the living room table.

Oh shit.

Dear husband, you've just entered a war. Here's your water-gun, we are currently hiding everywhere in the house. May the odds be with you,

Love, Zoey.

I sigh and pick up the gun, and turn around, my eyes lock with my wife, my twin sons behind her like mini guards. The three of them are wearing white shirts and I raise an eyebrow at my wife's baby bump. We had the twins five years ago, she found out she was pregnant three weeks after we got engaged. Now we are expecting, we don't know the gender yet. I'm okay with whatever it is as long as it's healthy.

"This is unfair, how come is three against one," I say and point my gun at them.

My wife shrugs, "You are the enemy," and points her gun at me, my kids snickering behind her.

"You are going down dad !"

"Oh yeah? Take this" I️ day and start shooting my water gun but they just stand there frozen and the realization hit me.

Oh my god

Instead of water is paint, pink paint.

"Do you know what this mean daddy?" Nathaniel asks his blue eyes twinkling,"

"Are we having a Girl?" I️ ask and drop the gun on the floor as I see my kids jump up and down and my why nodding. I run towards her and pick her up,"

"Baby we are having a girl, a girl !" I scream and bury my face in her hair, she smells like strawberry. I️ place her back on her feet and my boys come running to me dropping me to the floor. They wanted a baby sister so bad.

"Holy nuggets, this is the best present ever" I snuggle into Zoey who laughs at me. Ever since with had kids I've had to keep it PG-13. Otherwise, I would have little 3 year olds running around screaming oh shit every day.

"Actually the kids came up with it," she shrugs and wraps her arm around me. "We were brainstorming,"

"This is so dope," I say and turn off the lamp on our bedside table.
Ten minutes later Zoey is breathing softly and I️ hug her tight.

I️ start to think back the best day ever, our wedding.

Flashback-

I opened the hotel room where my soon to be wife is and there she was looking breathtaking, once I closed the door behind me, she turned to me and gasped as she took me in.

"What are you doing here?" She asked looking scared, "It's bad luck for you to see me before the wedding. Unless you are having second thoughts..."

I shake my head and smiled, "I️ just couldn't wait to see you, I️ have something for you" I said, "you look stunning,"

She blushes, "I can't believe that even on our wedding day you still make me smile like you did in high school,"
"This is your something borrowed, which means borrowed happiness, it belonged to my grandma," I said as I placed the antique christen bracelet.

She smiled fondly at it and nodded, I proceed to give her a blue handkerchief, and in the middle, it has a simple two simple word written in it, confianza and Esperanza which means trust and faith.

"This is from your abuela, she says that as long as you have this, is worth fighting." She nodded and smiles while cleaning her tears away.

"Thank god for waterproof makeup," she snorts and gives me a swift kiss.
"This is your something old, your Azabache from when you were a baby. This is to protect you from all the bad in the world, is from your mama." I said and she gasped clasping it around her dress.
"Dios mío, I can't believe she has kept this since I was little," she shakes her head and I smile.

"This is your something new," I say and hand her a small locket that has a picture of us from when we were in high school, the one I took when we went to IHOP I smiled at the memory. She looks like a lion, fearless. It's engraved and it says, "tuyo Siempre" which means, yours forever,"

❤️❤️❤️

I stand next to Jason and Ethan while the song starts. My breath catches and it feels like I'm floating as Zoey walks down the aisle, her face glowing. She laughs at something JP says and throws her head back like no one is watching. Then our eyes meet and I can't control the emotions and I cry. I cry because I love her because she's my talisman because she's my happily ever after.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman, in holy matrimony, now for the vows,"

I try to gather my thoughts and control my emotions as I spoke, " I promise to give you an adventure every day of our lives, I promise to be fair and cherish each moment with you. I'll be your biggest fan in everything that you do. You are my best friend for life when our love gets difficult, I will be there to walk with you through it all. I will always put you and our boys first, I love you with all in me," I say and few gasps are heard around the church.

Zoey laughed, "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant and we are having twins," she smiled sheepishly and says her vows, " When I first met you, I hated you. I guess is true, there is a thin line between love and hate and Blake, I've crossed the whole ocean to get to you. I had my life planned, and you came in and showed me that anything is better as long as we do this together. We will work as a team, In love with each other, day by day with forgiveness and no judgment. Acceptance and understanding.  Everything that is for us will come to us. We will be grateful and patient. Always yours,"

The minister smiled as he took a look at me, I was literally in tears of joy, "Blake rivers, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"  
"I do,"

"Zoey Christina Ortiz, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in holy matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" 

"I sure do,"

Minister states, "Repeat after me and he looks at me I, Blake,  take you Zoey, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."  

He turns to Zoey, " I, Zoey, take you, Blake, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." 

He asks me to place the ring her finger and to repeat the following, "I give you this ring as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love.
He does the same. We join hands, then declares he, "By virtue of the authority vested in me under the laws, I now pronounce you husband and wife." 
We both grin, "You may kiss the-

"I know this part by heart" I interrupt him and pull her into my arms and kiss her as our family and friends cheer for us and the minister laughs.

Theeeeee enndddd ❤️

Xoxo,
     Love Ya.