I Can't Do This

Your POV
I tried to watch the movie silently so we wouldn't have to talk but that resulted into Peter turning it off.
"Come on (y/n) talk to me."

"Why? So-so I can be heart broken to hear you say I'm dating Liz Allen or something?"

"No" he sat closer to me. "So I can tell you something... look we have been friends since Freshman year and even though I'm dating Liz that doesn't mean we can't be friends now." He grabbed my hand and I quickly snatched it away and got up.

"Don't you do this to me Peter! Don't you say another word! Don't you see that I can't be friends with you! It-it hurts to much..." you start walking to the window "Peter I know I haven't contacted you since I moved but I still love you and seeing you with Liz it just won't work."

He walked right behind me and hugged my waist.

"(Y/n)" I turned around to face him as he let go of my waist. "I can't not be around you. You know how hard it was for me when you left...Liz she helped me through it. She helped me get over you."

"Wow..." you said as you put your hands up in surrender.

"That's not what I meant."

"Really it sure sounded like you don't care for me anymore. Look Peter I get your seeing other people. I mean who wouldn't want to go out with you. Your smart and funny and sweet...but that doesn't change the fact that I can't do this." You turned your back to him holding you elbows.

"(Y/N) please don't do this I need you and maybe one day we will be together but right now i need Liz. Don't you understand that?"

You turned to him smiling through your tears.
"Yeah okay let me think about it."

He kissed me on the cheek "thank you (y/n)." He said as he walked at of the house.

I slid down to the floor and grabbed my knees and cried. He says he needs me but he needs Liz too? I can't do this..

Peter's POV
I hate myself right now. I love (y/n) but I just can't seem to let Liz go. Liz was there for me when I needed someone but (y/n) is the one I want. I feel like dating Liz is my duty after she helped me up from my struggles but the one I want is (y/n). I can't leave Liz in the dust. I don't know what to do. I sat on (y/n)'s front porch.

I can't do this...

Sorry for short chapter but I will be making another one tonight so stay tuned! ❤️