Height | Adrienette

Synopsis: As kids, Marinette was always taller than her best friend, Adrian Agreste. After making a silly deal as kids, what happens when Adrien is finally taller than Marinette?

. . .

. . .

Third Person Limited, Marinette
Word Count: 533

Height, January 17th, 2017

"But Marinette!" Adrian pouted and looked up at his best friend. In return, Marinette looked down with a teasing smile.

"Yes~?" She purred.

"I'll be taller than you one day!" He smirked softly and stood on his tippy toes. Marinette then stood on hers and once again appeared taller.

"Nope! I'll still be taller."

Adrien chuckled and shook his head. "But what if I'm this tall?" He stood on his tip toes again and held his hand way above both their hands. Marinette looked at his hand and smirked softly. She shrugged and crossed her arms.

"Doesn't matter," she said. "I'll still be taller."

Adrien frowned, and then a devious idea popped into his head. The eight year old moved his hand back up and smirked at Marinette. "So if I grow taller than you, like this," he waved his hand around. "You'll marry me, right?"

Marinette laughed and her cheeks flowed a soft pink as she pushed his hand away. "How about we see if that actually happens, shortie."

Several years later . . .

Marinette strolled down the halls of her high school. She was in the middle of putting her books away in her locker when a hand was next to her head resting against the lockers, and a body was hovered over her. She turned and saw Adrien standing over her with a smirk.

"If you're gonna make fun of me again then you can leave," she smiled a bit to show it was light hearted, and closed her locker. Adrien was now a full head taller than her. Maybe more if he stood up straighter.

"Ya know, I remembered something recently." He grinned down at her and held his hand above her head with a nod and a smile. "Now that in this much taller than you, will you marry me?"

Marinette blushed several shades darker and she looked up at her best friend in horror and shock. She had no idea he was going to say that out of all things!

And then it clicked. She remembered exactly what he was talking about. She laughed a bit at how silly they were as kids and she leaned up on her tippy toes. "We'll see shorty," she teased, kissing his cheek softly before hurrying off to her next class.

It took a lot of courage to do something like that ( which was very un-Marinette like, but the shock and smile on Adrien's face was all worth it in the end.

. . .

authors note:

This was short and cute and inspired by the comic I'm sure everyone's seen! I hope you guys liked my verbal version though! And it was more based off the picture verses the ENTIRE comic because one, I couldn't find the full comic, and two, iv seen it dubbed before but I couldn't remember what happened. Leave your thoughts in the comments and maybe leave a suggestion or two for a further one shot!

Lots of love,
Mercay 💕