Sleepover ( pt. 1 ) | MariChat

Synopsis: After a certain kitty invited himself in for a sleepover at Marinette's house, the two might be in for more than they thought.

. . .

. . .

Third Person Limited, Marinette
Word Count: 940

Sleepover, January 17th, 2017

"Marinette?" Marinette jumped and nearly screamed when the sudden voice boomed through her room. She looked to the trap door above her bed and sat a familiar face peeking through.

Chat Noir tumbled into her room and landed on her neatly made bed. He chuckled and closed the hatch so the cold wouldn't come in, and he smiled down at her.

"Chat?" Marinette asked slowly. "Why do you have a pillow and a blanket...?"

"Oh, these old things?" He grinned and shrugged softly. "Decided I would come and spend the night with my favorite fashion designer." He winked at her and began to set up his things on her bed, humming and setting up the pillows nicely.

Marinette blinked and laughed a bit. "That's a funny joke kitty, but you can go now."

She turned back to her computer but Chat didn't leave. In fact, he came down her ladder and ventured further into her room.

"I keep forgetting how much you obsess over this guy," he looked at the various posters of Adrien Agreste on her walls and smiled softly.

"I like him. I do not obsess." She muttered, pouting a bit as she turned in her swirly chair to face him. She was slumped in her chair, not caring much about how lazy she must have looked like. This was Chat Noir for crying out loud! They were only friends and besides that, she didn't even know who he was in real life so what was the point?

"You obsess. Don't worry though, it's cute." He winked at her and yawned softly then checked the clock as he sat on her love seat.

"Tired already?" She mumbled, smirking at him and resting against the chair comfortably.

"Kinda, but I wanna stay up and talk." He nodded towards the posters on her wall and crossed his arms. "Why him? What's so great about a model boy?"

"He's not just a model boy Chat," she said, moving he chair over to him so she didn't have to talk as loudly. "He's kind and sweet, and he cares about his friends. It doesn't help that he's really hot either." She giggled softly and couldn't believe she was having girl talk with Chat Noir. "So who do you like?"

"Huh?"

Marinette rolled her eyes and smirked softly. "I said, who do you like?"

She watched as Chat smiled and leaned back as if this was the easiest question in the world. "My Ladybug of course."

"But you don't even know who she is under that mask. How could you like someone you hardly even know?"

Chat shook his head and smiled. "She's so much more than that though. I know who she is. I know that she's this smart, brace girl. She's so selfless and kind." He smiled and winked at Marinette. "Just like how you obsess over Adrien but never do anything about it, I obsess over Ladybug. Except I at least try."

Marinette sat there in stunned silence. She wasn't exactly expecting that answer from him. But before she could reply, Chat Noir stood to his feet and looked around.

"Now!" He exclaimed. "Where can I get nail polish?"

Some time through out the night, Marinette had found some old polishes and now Chat Noir was currently painting her toe nails. He had just finished her hands in an ice red color, and was currently painting the toes to match them.

"You know Mari," he said. "Red really suits you."

She giggled and looked at her hands in adoration. "Why thank you Chat Noir, you're too kind." He grinned at her and when he was finished, he blew on her toes and told her not to move.

"I would let you paint mine but," he held up his gloved hands and shrugged. "Can't exactly take apart my costume."

Once her nails were dry, she snuck up some cookies ( for Chat of course ) and they snuggled in her bed while Marinette played some videos on her phone for them to watch.

"The room smells like nail polish now," Chat said, scrunching up his nose as he snuggling more under the covers.

Marinette shrugged and grinned at him. "That's what you get for wanting a 'true' sleepover experience." She giggled and yawned, rubbing her eyes as she was having trouble staying awake.

"Lets go to bed princess," he said softly, taking her phone and setting it aside.

Marinette nodded thankfully, and she laid down under the covers. Chat, however, was getting up and going to leave through the trap door leading to the balcony.

"Chat?" She said softly. "Lay with me.." she tugged at his hand and pulled him back on the bed. She blushed softly, not exactly realizing what she had said until it was too late to take it back.

Chat looked at her, shocked for a moment before smiling and laying down. "Okay M'lady."

Marinette blushed and smiled at him before cuddling with him under the covers. It didn't take long for the two of them to fall asleep. It was just too bad that Chat's Miraculous had worn off in the middle of the night.

. . .

authors note:

I really like this one lol. It's inspired by a comic but I changed it because I wanted it to be a reveal scene as well. If you know the comic ( it's the picture from the beginning ) you'll know what comes next!

Lots of love,
Mercay 💕