Comfort | MariChat

Synopsis: A hurt Chat needs some comforting after some major family issues. But when he can't find Ladybug to talk to, the second best is a shy bluenette who lives in a bakery.

. . .

. . .

Third Person Limited, Chat Noir
Word Count: 663

Comfort, January 17th, 2017

Chat Noir wiped away the tears and used his baton to jump from building to building. When he tried calling Ladybug and she didn't answer, he didn't know what else he would do. Who would he talk to?

And then it clicked. Marinette.

It was a nice warm night outside, so he wasn't surprised when he saw her on her balcony with a sketchbook in her hands. He landed on the edge of the balcony, his head hung low as he bit his lip.

"Oh, Chat?" Marinette looked up at him and saw how quiet and closed off he was. "Are you okay..?" She put her sketchbook down and walked over to him.

Chat bit his lip and shook his head softly. "I-I... I just... can I have a hug?" His voice was so soft and quiet and Marinette was taken aback.

"Yeah.." she said softly. He hopped down and his body looked like he could collapse any second. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and he hugged her close to his body. "Chat what's wrong?" She said into his chest.

He bit his lip and his legs shook. "Can we sit down somewhere..? Please..?"

She nodded and lead him down to her bed so they could sit comfortably. Marinette felt like he could use some cuddles, so she sat against her pillows and held her arms out for him. Chat slowly got the idea and he sniffles, cuddling into her lap and holding her close as he cried softly.

"My dad he.. He's just so..." Chat shook his head and buried his face in her tummy. "I hate him sometimes... he's not even what a dad should be.."

Chat knew that this was probably something selfish to do. His dad did give him food and a place to sleep, but he was never around. Adrien often got depressed when he was home, and the small times he did see his father, Gabriel would just correct him and yell at him, saying he wasn't good enough. Recently he had gotten worse about things and meaner, and Adrien was breaking down.

"I hate going home Marinette... it feels like I don't even have a family anymore." He was still crying, and Marinette held him close to her body.

"Then.. I'll be your family." She said softly. Chat looked up at her, obviously confused. "Come here and talk with me. I love it when you visit me." She smiled softly and ran her fingers through his hair as he hugged her. "I'll be your family and I'll never yell or be angry with you."

Chat didn't say anything. He just hugged her closer, but now he had stopped crying. She continued to run her fingers through his hair as she held him close and kissing the top of his head. "It'll be alright.." she whispered.

And she believed it too. Because no matter how much Chat could annoy her and flirt with her, she loved and cared for the kitty. And at times like this, she'll always be there for him. She just wished that he knew that Ladybug was here for him too.

Always.

. . .

authors note:

I really really liked this one haha. I like MariChat to begin with. I think they're really cute because Marinette can be her sassy self and comfortable like she is as Ladybug, and Adrien can act any way he wants to because there no rules to tell him he can't. I dunno plus I think they're sassy and cute because they're mainly friends and there for each other. They don't like each other as much as they think they do. I just love them so so much.

Lots of love,
Mercay 💕